Frozen Turkeys

seb47

Did anyone manage to buy frozen turkeys in French supermarkets last year? We've had chapon in the past - but weren't too impressed, and have duck coming out of ears all year round here. No sign of anything in the publicites yet.

(We can order from local English suppliers, but at 12 euros per kilo find that too expensive).

I have seen small frozen turkeys over here, just before Christmas, however if they taste as bad as their frozen chickens I wouldnt bother!

What I do is get 2 large turkey breasts, available a most large supermarkets, stuff between them and tie them up so you are making something like a turkey crown, then freeze if you wish, I did last year and they defrosted lovely.

Last year we bought a fresh turkey in Hyper U at 3e79 a kilo (was only about 4 kilos through) and froze it and then Leclerc had fresh ones in few days before xmas at the same price so I bought one on xmas eve for mum to cook.  Lidls sometimes get frozen ones in but they always seem quite small compared to the 8-10 kilo uk ones.