Tesco delivered to South west France

Barbel Bob

Hi,

This has probably been covered, but after a quick search nothing came up so here goes anyway!!!

Try this link

http://www.sterlingshopping.co.uk/SterlingShoppingonline.html

They deliver to france for just 10% of your order...i made an order today will let you know how I get on. I know you can buy a lot of stuff here, but with the exchange rate at the moment and the cheapness in delivery it really does save you money!

Sorry if this has already been posted.

J

That is one of the truly great things about Britain, the enterprise culture/spirit.

What a damned good and original idea, I wish them every success, shame its not my area but then again its easier for me to return to buy stuff.

When I finally have time once more on my hands I fancy having a bash at the mobile tyre fitting service suggested by on of the posters here.

[quote user="J.Rs gone native"]... I fancy having a bash at the mobile tyre fitting service suggested by on of the posters here.[/quote]

JR, my neighbours' son started his mobile tyre fitting service a couple of years ago:

http://www.mobi-pneus.com/pneus.htm

PS: I have no interest, financial or otherwise, in the above company, even though he's very handy and doesn't mind doing his parents' neighbours a favour at weekends [:)]

[quote user="WJT"]Very interesting Barbel Bob, I think it is a great idea. However, most of the things I would want from Tesco would be perishable but please do let us know how you get on and I may give it a go.[/quote]

WJT,

I will let you know how i get on, but just to let you know my shopping will be delivered from Tescos to the driver on the 23rd April, i will then be picking it up on the 25th April so it should be fairly fresh...the delivery has already paid for itself i.e. 2 x hair colours in France cost 24€ in Tesco same 2 for £10 ! 20 tins of baked beans in Champion 20€ in Tesco 4€ for there own brand. And i have ordered lots of tea bags, uk bikkys, crisps!! well i got a little carried away!!! fingers crossed all goes to plan!!!

J

[quote user="Barbel Bob"]Also forgot to mention they are doing white dulux crown matt emulsion delivered for £18..10litres .i paid 38€ in Brico depot yest for dulux valentine 10L could of bought 20L for that price if I had seen if before! J[/quote]

I have also just bought some paint at these silly French prices  , I wish I had read this sooner. [:-))]

Its a great sought after service which it seems is not all that well known at present... however, I must say that I am a bit pessimistic in saying that I find it hard that they can make a profit.

hope it works out... maybe they should float and all complete france members get shares in the company ;-)

[quote user="la fromental"]Marks and Spencer also deliver to France for £10 which is excellent especially when they have a sale on![/quote]

Is this directly from Marks and Spencers and does that include food and non food items?

I ordered some clothes, non food items, greeting cards, presents etc.  If you put anything in your basket that they cannot deliver to France an error message comes up when you try to check out. (I had some xmas crackers) good service but it takes much longer than the delivery stated on the site.

Hi due to get delivery in Limoges on the 9th May...................if their standard of delivery and attention to detail is the same as it is  when ordering things, then it looks to be a great service. Will let you know how it all goes, just to echo others thoughts, I hope they can maintain the service at a competative rate as it will be very regularly used by us, especially with the exchange rate being so poor. We will probably use it for items that are really expensive in France but will obviously continue to shop locally for all our everyday essentials.

I just went to the Tesco website and checked the delivery details page.  It mentioned IOM, CI and Scottish Islands but nothing about SW France.  Did you get a confirmed delivery date and do you have a link where it says delivery to SW France?? (Would really like to order Dulux paint for next time we're in France!)

Their updated website says they are loking to expand into different areas, and are looking for people with dry storage and in return they will offer free delivery. I live in the Charente maritime and am trying to find out if they deliver here, but so far have not received a reply to my emails.

So a home from home service for those now living full time in France!

"Their updated website says they are loking to expand into different

areas, and are looking for people with dry storage and in return they

will offer free delivery."

I was wondering how best to use our empty barn[;-)]

[quote user="Cendrillon"]So a home from home service for those now living full time in France!

"Their updated website says they are loking to expand into different areas, and are looking for people with dry storage and in return they will offer free delivery."

I was wondering how best to use our empty barn[;-)]
[/quote]

Oh go on, Cendrillon, PLEASE let them use your barn!  Then I could have Tesco-made mince pies this Christmas.............yum, yum [I]