Shoes or Clothing from the USA?

Maggie

Has anybody ordered shoes or clothing from the USA - and if so did the items arrive safely in France?  A friend ordered some clothing (last year) and it never arrived, no idea where it's gone!  I found some boots at a brilliant price and wanted to order them, but I'm slightly wary in case there are customs regulations or similar that I know nothing about.  Has anybody encountered any problems please?

Many thanks

I have not bought clothes from USA, but have bought,DVD's,CD's books etc with absolutely no problem, and never been asked to pay any taxes.

Not tried it myself, but I have read on one of the forums that if you ask the supplier to mark the packet "gift "then tax is not payable.

I think it depends on the value of the package as to whether you pay duty. We have ordered single dvd's with no charges incurred, but once ordered 5 in one order. They all came in one package and the post lady "Collected the duty to be Paid"....

Yes - I have bought several clothing items from the USA as I practise Western riding and clothes and boots are far cheaper there, even allowing for postage and duty. It may depend where you buy from...

I have used two different suppliers and bought several pairs of Wrangler Pro Rodeo jeans over the years, plus boots, hat, several things for the horse. Both companies sent the goods by carrier (UPS or similar) and they give you a website link so that you can follow the track of your goods. The charge was about 20$ for the carrier and I had to pay the postie this end (France) about 25€. Since the Wranglers cost 23.50$ and sell here for about 60€, you only need to buy two or three pairs to make it more than worth your while. The goods were delivered within a week. The boots would have cost me 3 times what I paid.

So, YES, it's definitely worth it if you know the goods are coming from a reliable source !

PM me if you would like more info.