SOLDES 2008..2009...2010...2011...2012

pachapapa

The economics minister announced today that the Soldes d'Hiver will in future start on the second Wednesday of the year; so this year the 7th January.

Similarly the Soldes d'Eté will in future start on the third Wednesday of June; so this year the 17th June.

This will effectively eliminate the previous uncertainty of the dates of commencement and indeed in some cases departmental variations.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote user="pachapapa"]The economics minister announced today that the Soldes d'Hiver will in future start on the second Wednesday of the year; so this year the 7th January. Similarly the Soldes d'Eté will in future start on the third Wednesday of June; so this year the 17th June. This will effectively eliminate the previous uncertainty of the dates of commencement and indeed in some cases departmental variations.[/quote]

My brain hurts but if the day is fixed as the second Wednesday of January then either it is Wednesday 14th 2009 or the sales start on the 7th. 

Actually its the Wednesday of the second week of January........Subtle Difference

Selon Christine Lagarde, les dates des soldes saisonniers étaient désormais « établies » et fixées au « 2ième mercredi de l’année pour les soldes d’hiver (plus précisément le mercredi de la deuxième semaine de l’année) et au 3ième mercredi du mois de juin » pour les soldes d’été. Ce qui signifie que la date des soldes d’été 2009 est fixée au mercredi 17 juin.

[quote user="Anton Redman"]Thanks that makes sense[/quote]

Be sympathetic with Christine, she's a lawyer, good at rhetoric but not strong with "le bon sens"[:)]

Now the "dérogation", if you live in a department near the border with Belgium and Luxembourg; you may find that the sales start on the 2nd Day of the year 2009. like departments with Moselle in their name

.http://www.meurthe-et-moselle.pref.gouv.fr/administration/comPresse/main.cfm?RId=%23%24*'F%0A

BUT still 5 weeks duration.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

Actually its the Wednesday of the second week of January........Subtle Difference

Selon Christine Lagarde, les dates des soldes saisonniers étaient désormais « établies » et fixées au « 2ième mercredi de l’année pour les soldes d’hiver (plus précisément le mercredi de la deuxième semaine de l’année) et au 3ième mercredi du mois de juin » pour les soldes d’été. Ce qui signifie que la date des soldes d’été 2009 est fixée au mercredi 17 juin.

[/quote]

Today the soldes in cetrtain departments juxtaposing Belgium and the Grand Duchy commence. France Info are featuring the event together with an interview with a "Prefect". So yet another version of the elusive quest for a day and date. The "Prefect" declares that the winter sales will commence on the second wednesday of the month of January SAUF/EXCEPT when the aforementioned second Wednesday of the month of January shall fall on a date of the said month, ON or LATER than the 14th day of the previously cited month of January. [:D][:D][:D]

Checking my spanking new Firemans Calendar, indeed the second Wednesday falls on the 14th. Similarly for June but applying a "3".

• 10 months later...

Wednesday the 13th January 2010.

The second Wednesday of the month not falling ON or LATER than the 14 th day of the month.

Just a point we now have a new species "les soldes flottants".

Les périodes complémentaires de soldes (ou soldes flottants) doivent quant à elles faire l'objet d'une déclaration un mois avant leur date de début, selon les modalités fixées par le décret n° 2008-1342 du 18 décembre 2008. Elles doivent s'achever au minimum un mois avant le début des soldes fixes. L'arrêté du 8 janvier 2009 fournit un modèle de déclaration préalable, qui peut s'effectuer en ligne.
> déclarer en ligne

http://www.minefi.gouv.fr/directions_services/cedef/qr/concurrence-consommation.htm#soldes

[quote user="Quillan"]Many thanks.[/quote]

Achtung! Achtung!

Sorry I got it wrong there is a correction; if the second wednesday of january falls AFTER 12th day of month then the day of commencement reverts to the first wednesday of the month of january.

The 6th 6th 6th

I feel so contrite...sackcloth & ashes!

6 janvier : début des soldes d’hiver 2010

(26/10/2009)

Le ministère de l’économie, de l’industrie et de l’emploi a confirmé que les soldes d’hiver 2010 commenceront à partir du mercredi 6 janvier à 8 heures du matin et s’achèveront le mardi 9 février.

Seules 6 zones (Meurthe-et-Moselle, Meuse, Moselle, Vosges, Guadeloupe, Saint-Barthélémy et Saint-Martin) sont concernées par des dates dérogatoires.

La loi de modernisation de l’économie du 5 août 2008 a raccourci d’1 semaine chaque période des soldes fixes : 5 semaines en hiver et 5 semaines en été, des dérogations étant prévues pour certaines zones touristiques ou frontalières. Chaque commerçant peut proposer par ailleurs 2 semaines supplémentaires de soldes libres par an ainsi que des opérations de déstockage toute l’année. Le commerçant choisit 2 semaines consécutives ou pas. Les périodes de soldes libres doivent néanmoins s’achever 1 mois avant le début des soldes fixes.

http://www.service-public.fr/actualites/00860.html

Hey don't worry we are all human. At least you went to the trouble of finding out.

I am on the 'hunt' for a new kitchen, carcass's are down to me (I want 18mm not 16), the doors are down to 'er in doors' so I am hoping we can grab a bargain. I can see endless days of 'fun' ahead as we visit all the shops. [:(] I think a few trips out to go 'man park' hunting first, hopefully I will get a few books to read at Christmas.[B]