One for the ladies! Bras

londoneye

Now maybe I haven't looked hard enough here, but I am having real trouble getting a bra which fits me in France.

In UK I was either 32DD or 34E.   I have tried size 90 and it is too big around back, so went for 85, which is ok around the back, but I can't find a DD size here.   Did find 32E but that was tooo small.

Does anyone know where you can find these types of bra sizes in uk without spending a fortune pls ??

[quote user="londoneye"]

Now maybe I haven't looked hard enough here, but I am having real trouble getting a bra which fits me in France.

In UK I was either 32DD or 34E.   I have tried size 90 and it is too big around back, so went for 85, which is ok around the back, but I can't find a DD size here.   Did find 32E but that was tooo small.

Does anyone know where you can find these types of bra sizes in uk without spending a fortune pls ??

[/quote]Me too.  Marks are good these days.  Plenty of 36 Gs there now at reasonable prices (I just buy two every time I visit the UK!)  The French seem to work on the principal that if you have big boobs you must also be very tubby to boot!

I have bought a fitted bikini [url=http://www.figleaves.com/uk/home.asp]here[/url] excellent service and the size fitted unlike those in the shops here where only one bra out of 5 actually fit even thought they are all marked as the same size.

Ain`t that the truth!

And if you want something that looks pretty it always comes underwired, if you want something without wires you have to buy one with a big double seam across the cup.......Yuk!

On a recent visit to the Uk both myself and my daughter spent a few hours looking ,trying on and buying in Peacocks and Ethel Austin.

I think the best thing for the OP to do is to go int a shop that does measuring/fitting and unfortunatly pay through the nose.........that said the sales are on .  And then stock up in UK when next there.

Tut tut bugbear ...

Well I should be in the UK in February so I could hang on (he heh or hang out !) until then, but it would be nice to think I could find something to fit here.

I know what you mean about if you have big boobs you must be a bit of a porker ... seems to be plenty of larger sizes in the bigger cups but nothing for skinny bints with big boobies (no mention of the madonna you understand).

Perhaps I shall have to wait ... last time I was in UK I went for a fitting and the bra cost me £65 - when I had slunk out of shop with my extravagent purchase I got so wound up at the thought that I had to pay that money just because of my body shape, that I vowed never to do it again ...

I would not describe myself as skinny but... some bits are certainly a lot larger than others!![:D]

I did get a French undies catalogue which loudly proclaimed on the front that it had cup sizes up to G.  Whoopee, thought I, finally.  But yes, you guessed it, they only started at the UK equivalent of about 44!

The

moderators have deleted several posts from this thread, as they breached the forum Code of Conduct.

Members are reminded not to post messages which:

• Impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum
  • Use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by Archant

Forum Admin and the Moderators would like to remind you that "By entering and posting on the forum you agree to abide by the code of conduct."

If you have any concerns about this post please do

not post them in the forum (they will be deleted without warning) but

simply use the report button attached to THIS post.

la charmeuse (sp ?) looks good, but they are a tiny bit pricey.

Couldn't find any sizes in Quelle (is it me !?) - only 85, 90, etc no cup sizes ??

Tried La Redoute, nothing in my size that I liked.   Everything in my size was quite horrible I thought.

Now I have spent a couple of hours looking at french underwear sites I have the distinct impression that the majority of their models do this as a side-line and have a more, err, lucrative, photographic job somewhere.    Is there really a need to pout hideously and thrust your breasts out?  Who is buying this underwear - maybe women don't buy their own underwear in France, and these sites are geared to male purchasers.   Very strange ..

This is on topic, and a very serious question: does anyone know where to get a good sports bra, I have tried Decathlon but they are horrible. The best I have is called Shock Absorber, which was very expensive, and the only one I have left.

But also, not just sports bras, but the ones that are like sports bra, one piece, a bit like a tank top, that you put on through the head like a T-shirt? Sloggi used to make those. I can never see them in Monoprix or Galeries Lafayette, any idea?

Thanks Clair. Very helpful links, I don't know why I felt so defeated in my quest, I should have remembered what a good friend Google can be!

I just found that you can get  Shock Absorber bras on e-bay!!! They've got loads!

Who would ever think of looking there....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHOCK-ABSORBER-SPORTS-BRA---38D---B4247---NEUTRAL_W0QQitemZ110213680516QQcmdZViewItem

[quote user="Clair"]

The moderators have deleted several posts from this thread, as they breached the forum Code of Conduct.

Members are reminded not to post messages which:

• Impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum

• Use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by Archant

Forum Admin and the Moderators would like to remind you that "By entering and posting on the forum you agree to abide by the code of conduct."

If you have any concerns about this post please do not post them in the forum (they will be deleted without warning) but simply use the report button attached to THIS post.

[/quote]

Drat, missed all the good stuff again!  Clair, could we possibly have a 'Zoo' sub-forum where all of the inappropriate stuff is transferred to so that those of us of a discerning nature, and seated comfortably, could browse at our leisure?[:-))]

• 1 year later...