Online Shopping France

whitewine

Hi All

Can anyone recommend me some reliable online shopping websites? I find it hard to find websites that sell decent stuff and deliver to France. Sometimes I find websites I love but they either do not deliver to France or they charge a fortune for the privilege. I will list the websites I have used that sell stuff at decent prices and deliver to France for a reasonable charge and maybe you can add to my list?

www.marksandspencers.com for clothes etc

www.next.co.uk clothes, curtains etc

www.asos.com clothes, jewellery etc

www.amazon.com dvds, household stuff etc

www.play.com dvds, cds etc

Anything I am missing?

Thanks

POST EDITED BY MODERATOR, ADVERTISING YOUR OWN GOODS OR SERVICES IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE FORUM.

Zooplus for pet food; Chemist Direct for pharmacuticals and small electrical and some pet stuff - I even managed to get a 20kg bag of horse feed sent to me under their inclusive postage rate.  Amazon now send electrical goods and clothes etc to France also - in fact with almost anything they sell direct it is hard to beat their UK prices (unless you buy in dollars from .com when it can be cheaper still).  Sorry not to post links but the internet is dead slow here and it would take forever!  They have both been posted here before on several occasions though

Lakeland - for kitchen essentials - hard to beat, even given the French quality in such matters.

I've found Amazon UK is still cheaper for books than Amazon Fr even when having to pay postage - French book prices are regulated here (hence very few price reductions) and you have to pay VAT on top.  And sometimes you cannot get the equivalent electrical / electronic goods here in France, so though still have to pay VAT and postage, it still works out an OK price.

Can anyone suggest a French online electronics supplier other than Darty, Pearl or Pixmania - none of them have what I want.....  (or with Pearl, very reluctant to buy as their customer service and time for delivery is terrible - waited till Easter for a supposed Christmas present last year!).  Need a Maplins type, but not sure if they deliver to France (or photographic supplier type of goods)

For books I also like The Book Depository Ltd ,  www. bookdepository.co.uk.

Some times the price of the book may be just a little higher than the Amazon price but this is usually more than offset by their worldwide  free postage service. Pays to always compare the two...

[quote user="Judith"]
Can anyone suggest a French online electronics supplier other than Darty, Pearl or Pixmania - none of them have what I want.....  (or with Pearl, very reluctant to buy as their customer service and time for delivery is terrible - waited till Easter for a supposed Christmas present last year!).  Need a Maplins type, but not sure if they deliver to France (or photographic supplier type of goods)
[/quote]http://www.boulanger.fr/

or fnac - but to my mind their delivery costs are prohibitive. 

EDIT : I have been trying to establish whether Maplins post to France too but all their links to the "International" pages are either broken or wrong - I have e-mailed them to find out.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

[quote user="Judith"]

[/quote]http://www.boulanger.fr/

or fnac - but to my mind their delivery costs are prohibitive. 

EDIT : I have been trying to establish whether Maplins post to France too but all their links to the "International" pages are either broken or wrong - I have e-mailed them to find out.

[/quote]

Try   www.conrad.com

not as cheap as Maplins though.

[quote user="ViVienne"]La Redoute is good in the uk, does anyone know what the French one is like? they have lots more stuff in the French version[/quote]

I've used La Redoute a lot for furniture, clothes etc. No problems at all. Goods can be delivered to your door or collected from the nearest 'relais colis' (a parcel depot in a local shop). I always use the relais colis for returns.

• 1 year later...
[quote user="Âme"]For herbs, spices and seasonings...

I've just received a delivery from www.seasonedpioneers.co.uk and I'm very happy with the goods and service. The products are high quality and well packed for freshness. Delivery to Europe is free for orders over £30.

I recommend the Indian Seasonings Selection pack and have just bought one to give as a gift.

[/quote]

Resurrecting an old thread for an up-to-date addition...

According to the Guardian today, this shop in Bordeaux is the bees' knees, the dogs' bits and the the cat's pyjamas for spices.

Having checked their online offer, I find they seem to have a wide selection (including Pimenton de la Vera, which I have found almost impossible to find in France).

31/03/11: Edited to add missing link... [:$]

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that Book Depository can be competitive, but their delivery is much, much slower than Amazon. However, their inclusion of a bookmark was a nice touch (not sure if it's still done). CBC [quote user="suej"]

For books I also like The Book Depository Ltd ,  www. bookdepository.co.uk.

Some times the price of the book may be just a little higher than the Amazon price but this is usually more than offset by their worldwide  free postage service. Pays to always compare the two...

[/quote]

I see as well as bacon, British which they have stocked for some time,British Corner Shop can now send Beef,Lamb pies etc. to France only in chilled boxes to arrive normally within 24 hours but will keep fresh for several days.