White goods - dishwashers and fridges

Gardener

There are a lot of models at the cheaper end of the market that are unfamiliar to me. eg Linke, Hiare, daewoo, proline, fagor etc. I am going to avoid Beko. Are the cheaper models generally problematic?

I am more inclined to go for a cheaper fridge than dishwasher ?

Daewoo is well known, Fagor is a decent make, well I found it so.

And I thought that Proline was sold everywhere.

I have bought cheaply, but ended up buying german made makes and paying a bit more, but after shopping around, not that much more. However, the last friDge/freezer we bought in France to go in the garage was a gorenje and that has been fine.

[quote user="Gardener"]There are a lot of models at the cheaper end of the market that are unfamiliar to me. eg Linke, Hiare, daewoo, proline, fagor etc. I am going to avoid Beko. Are the cheaper models generally problematic?

I am more inclined to go for a cheaper fridge than dishwasher ?[/quote]

Be careful re the fridge: we brought a "spare" UK fridge/freezer over with us - the same model had been on sale in France. It ran well until we had a heatwave, at which point the freezer part could not cope and warmed up (it recovered once the ambient temperature fell back). We subsequently discovered that that particular model was a "temperate" rated fridge, rated to operate in the ambient temperature range of +2 to 32C. The one we bought to replace it was a "tropical" rated fridge - operating range +12C to +44C.

Until that point it had not even occurred to me that fridges had ratings>

Regards

Pickles

We brought a spare fridge over with us to but when we switched it on it did'n't work - guess the bumping about during travel messed it up, we weren't too happy after all the effort of getting it over there.

Ended up buying basic budget white goods and after 3 years all are still going well.

Did find out though from several stores that your guarantee is void if you lay item down in car when collecting, apparantly some manufacturers are putting that in the small print. We had to borrow mates trailer and store signed it as 'witnessed it was collected correctly'