Intermarche - carte de fidelitie

fluffy tree

I now have an Intermarche loyalty card after being asked every time I shopped if I had one - and the offers on their weekly leaflets look good - but I think I'm missing something!

Would someone be able to explain please how this works as I haven't yet had any of the discounted prices advertised on products and multi-buys - or the 5% discount mentioned either - so I'm a little confused :-)

[quote user="fluffy tree"]I now have an Intermarche loyalty card after being asked every time I shopped if I had one - and the offers on their weekly leaflets look good - but I think I'm missing something!

Would someone be able to explain please how this works as I haven't yet had any of the discounted prices advertised on products and multi-buys - or the 5% discount mentioned either - so I'm a little confused :-)[/quote]

The points translate into money which is held on your card. So, when you want to take advantage of what you have gained, you say either at the acceuil that 'je veux vider la carte' and they give you the dosh or you say at the till the same, whilst tendering your loyalty card, and they take what's due to you off your bill. [:)]

Or so I have found ... of course it may be different where you live.

Sue

Heard this week that you have until 1st March 2012 to redeem the carte fidelite.

In the other stores,you have until the end of this year as is normally the case.

Not that it will affect us because we save the points up for christmas anyway.

There are offers on at the moment whereby you pay a price and get X price knocked off onto your card.Bought Cerf today @ 6.50 and I think 2 euros was added to the card.(Can't find receipt).

With the Intermarche card you can see the current value of your "advantages fidelite" at the bottom of the till receipt, together with the products and " total advantages du jour" that you gained on your current visit. We always redeem ours at Christmas. You'll need to present some form of identification, French driving licence ( I don't know whether a UK one will suffice) or your passport.

If you don't have the receipt you can ask at the information desk and they'll look it up for you.

There are specified days when the "points" are better; Tuesdays and Thursdays for us, but with slightly different conditions.

This week's receipt, for our store at any rate, has a note "Utilisez votre solde fidelite avant le 01 mars 2012".

• 3 weeks later...
I work as a cashier in Intermarché, so sadly I am very well informed about the loyalty card.

The 5% discount is available everyday, but applies only to the products marked with 'les mousquetaires' logo and you must have at least 5 of these items before the discount is applied. This applies whichever shop you are in.

For other 'avantages carte' you need to look every week in the promo leaflet -paper or online version - and select your goods accordingly. This also applies whichever Intermarché you go to.

In some stores there are 10% discounts some weekends on fresh goods - fruit and veg, fresh fish, charcuterie trad and boucherie trad. To benefit from these you need to be in your own store.

To use the money you have on the card you must be in your own store and, as someone has already mentioned, the balance will disappear on the 1st March if you don't use it.

For more details  you can look on  www.intermarché.com

For the record, I don't have an Intermarché card, and don't shop in supermarkets -just earn my living in one, take the money and run.  I think these cards are designed to make the customer believe that they are getting a bargain, but in fact in the end they always benefit the 'patron' and tie you in to using the money you have 'saved' back in the same store. Just my opinion you understand. And don't tell my boss what I think because I am a good girl (middle aged woman actually) at work.

Happy Christmas everyone - I still have my shift to do this afternoon/evening, going to be such fun!

That's an interesting slant on how it works, but I'm pretty sure that there are days with more "points", Thursdays for example, aren't they double advantage on marked items?

Also, if you happen to use the same shop all the time because it's the only local supermarket isn't it also sensible to use the loyalty card? You may as well have the cash as leave it in the shop. We just cashed ours this week and had 92€ on it! Much better than a kick up the whatsit.

Merry Christmas!

Interesting!

I wouldn't ever feel tied into shopping at Intermarche just because I am now the lucky holder of a loyalty card - but I agree Sid that it makes sense to have one for the times I do shop there - especially as I now understand more how it could benefit me.

Enjoy your bonus Sid - and a Happy Christmas everyone.... :-)

[quote user="sid"]

That's an interesting slant on how it works, but I'm pretty sure that there are days with more "points", Thursdays for example, aren't they double advantage on marked items?[/quote]

The double point Thursdays and 5% Tuesdays finished earlier this year when all the loyalty card systems rules changed.

The cards work best for people who really understand the system and use it to their advantage. To do this, one needs to study the rules and be aware of the special offers, but at the same time keep a clear head in order to not be knee-jerked into assuming all offers are good offers. 

Beware! Marketing is cleverly targetted to influence our behaviour patterns at a subconscious level - and it works. I do know that customers in a supermarket are like more like sheep than they might realise or wish to believe.