Expat Express Shopping Delivery to France

stan

I noticed a post on another forum regarding one of these companies who accept deliveries of food shopping from the likes of Asda, Tesco etc, then deliver to France in their vans. There appears to be very little info on them, although they claim to have twice weekly deliveries to the whole of France. Does anyone know anything about them as they claim to be able to deliver mainly within 48 hours?

• 2 weeks later...
In the absence of any feedback, I gave them a go and wish I had`nt. They do not deliver in their little yellow vans as per their website. Shopping is delivered to a semi detached house where it is thrown in a single walled old cardboard box, not even packed properly, and then sent by carrier. 30% of my shopping was either ruined, damaged or unusable. ExpatExpress refused to pay for the damage. So, that is my experience of them.

[quote user="deltamike"] 

They do not deliver in their little yellow vans as per their website. Shopping is delivered to a semi detached house where it is thrown in a single walled old cardboard box, not even packed properly, and then sent by carrier.

[/quote]

You mean those photoshopped yellow Sprinters with the dummied up logos on the side and the yellow Renault Magnum 44 tonne artic and semi trailer - all of which are likely to be non-existant and all designed to fool people into believing that they provide a personal service, hand delivering Marmite to a few hundred of expats over the whole of Metropolitan France???

It'd be cheaper to order your UK groceries through Amazon.  They only charge Â£18 to deliver 30kg to France - and properly packed too..........[;-)]

There is a service which delivers to our area 79/86/16 and has been highly recommended by friends, so we're going to try it in January. They don't do twice weekly, but it's bi-weekly I believe.

If you wish I'll give you feedback around the 20th January.

We've used one quite a few times, they have a chilled and frozen delivery as well as usual goods. They charge a fair price, and unless bad weather are always where they say they are. They have several drop-off points here.

Apparently this company are hoping to start a home delivery service some time in 2012. We wish them luck. They have travelled through some bad weather in the past, but have always brought the shopping. I know several people who use them and they agree they are a good company.

I hasten to add though we only use them for certain things we cannot get in France or special items, we do not use them as a regular shopping service, but I gather some people do!

I can see that if you were ordering perishable food items then this service may not be for you.

However as someone that lives in an area that is not served by any of the "shopping delivery" companies due to lack of demand, a company that will accept deliveries and re_expidite them to any address in France for £25 up to 30kg is very interesting and i will be saving their web site, no such thing as bad publicity etc.

There are companies that will send parcels to France for a similar price, these are OK if you have a friend or family to recieve the parcel that you order and then wait around for the collection that you have arranged, for me a company that offers that service at no extra cost has found a good niche in the market.

I am not sure if you can have goods delivered to companies like Parcelsplease for them to forward on to you but I have some experience of parcel sorting depots, they are geared up to recieve on or more trunk artics a day from their hub in the morning, offload the goods onto their own vans and deliver, anything that does not follow this closely monitored route like bags of shopping or my parcels which i would collect myself as they were behind my office had a tendancy to get buried, lost or to have walked, i would be happier with a semi detached house taking the initial delivery.

For the price they are proposing i would not expect them to recieve bags of shopping and then repack them for transport in the way that a chilled delivery vehicle drop off service would, horses for courses I guess.

[quote user="Chancer"]

I can see that if you were ordering perishable food items then this service may not be for you.

However as someone that lives in an area that is not served by any of the "shopping delivery" companies due to lack of demand, a company that will accept deliveries and re_expidite them to any address in France for £25 up to 30kg is very interesting and i will be saving their web site, no such thing as bad publicity etc.

There are companies that will send parcels to France for a similar price, these are OK if you have a friend or family to recieve the parcel that you order and then wait around for the collection that you have arranged, for me a company that offers that service at no extra cost has found a good niche in the market.

I am not sure if you can have goods delivered to companies like Parcelsplease for them to forward on to you but I have some experience of parcel sorting depots, they are geared up to recieve on or more trunk artics a day from their hub in the morning, offload the goods onto their own vans and deliver, anything that does not follow this closely monitored route like bags of shopping or my parcels which i would collect myself as they were behind my office had a tendancy to get buried, lost or to have walked, i would be happier with a semi detached house taking the initial delivery.

For the price they are proposing i would not expect them to recieve bags of shopping and then repack them for transport in the way that a chilled delivery vehicle drop off service would, horses for courses I guess.

[/quote]

I never said anything about chilled or perishable goods. As for £25 for 30kg of delivery weight, probably not bad if re-packed in a proper box and not packed with old roof insulation. I can send you the pics of the box the way it was received, if you like, and you can maybe decide if you would like to keep the details of this website and have your shopping delivered to a semi detached house to be packed by chancers!

Tesco cannot register a credit or debit card to your that does not have a UK address. This makes it impossible to use the delivery service I was planning to try out. This being the case the other users must, by implication, still have their credit and debit cards registered to UK addresses? If not, how do they do it?

• 3 weeks later...
Mine was registered with them before we moved and since you don't have to re-enter the info each time, it is still accepted despite me changing the address with the card company. The old card expires this year so we will have to see!!

[quote user="Keni"]We use La Maison  they have a proper truck and cold/freezer dept on the lorry. It all comes in crates with your name on, very well organised.[/quote]

Keni,

Do you have their web address? I put in www.lamaison.co.uk and just get a furniture supplier????

• 2 weeks later...
Not true, I have a Tesco Credit Card registered to my address here in France, my statements are also sent here. I often shop at Tesco online and have it delivered to my sons at University over there or to frineds or family ready for us to pick up when we are visiting. Maybe you mean the Tesco Clubcard.??

Lollie