Good friday

Théière

My daughter is even at Lycee on Friday.

Strange really it is not a religious holiday in France? The day that Christ was crucified?? Yet a public holiday on Monday, could someone explain that to me please or have I got it wrong all these years?

• 2 weeks later...

In France I made that comment about Jesus not having been born on the 25th of December. My friend insisted that I was wrong as the priest had said he was and so that meant I was wrong. This lady having  become a baha i follower. When she tried to convert me, I often wondered if the clue about me not swallowing everything that I was told was true, when it wasn't, was a clue that I wouldn't go for her new religion either.

[quote user="mogs"]My daughter is even at Lycee on Friday. Strange really it is not a religious holiday in France? The day that Christ was crucified?? Yet a public holiday on Monday, could someone explain that to me please or have I got it wrong all these years?[/quote]

France seems to have problems about being a secular state. Good Friday not being a bank holiday fits into the notion of secularism. But why, then, doesn't Ascension Day or Toussaint? 

[8-)]