Rain rain rain Splats or Hunters

NuBeginningsFrance

As I sit here watching the heavens open I have decided to start Christmas gift ideas.

Has any one bought Splats for there kids ? With all the rain I am thinking of Christmas gift ideas. These seem like a fun & hip alternative to the more traditional welly's.

I think I would be very unpopular if I gave a green pair of Hunters as a gift.

These look rather cool has any one bought any ??

http://www.thesplats.com

£38?[:-))] It's bad enough having to replace proper shoes at least twice a year, without paying that sort of money for what are essentially 'posh' wellies. I'm afraid my children (if they were still at that age) would have to make do with basic welly boots, with room to grow as they can use an inner sole to start with! (Besides wellies are taller, so keep more of the leg dry[:)])

I have spent a lot of money over the years on apres ski boots that have not been waterproof, even though they should have been. Some haven't looked that different to these, but these do really say 'waterproof', and I'd love some if they were in my size, unfortunately they are not!

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]Am I being a touch cynical or does the OP smack of advertising.[/quote]

Smacks of advertising asking a question about possible gift ideas ?? Nods head in disbelief. I have used this forum for well over 2 years.

I run a weight loss boot camp in the Loire Vally if you did not already know that.

As is I have made my decision and bought some.

In your shoes (no pun intended) I would have waited a bit. Unless the intended recipients are towards the top end of the size chart, or you've made provision for it in your order. I seem to remember that kids' feet have a habit of suddenly growing....and with over two months till Christmas, your gift may be a bit on the snug side by then.

And Hunters come in far more than green these days!

You know, I read that as 'Spats' at first [:P]

I was thinking not of the dapper 1920's things but the hiking type to protect the bottoms of your trousers.  I can't wear wellies for any length of time due to a dodgy ankle that I broke and it never set properly.  I like the look of those Splats though, now if they only did them in black and in huge sizes .......