large size shoes

jen

Decathlon do trainers/walking boots/ski boots etc up to size 48 (= size 13)

For smarter shoes I generally have to wait until I go back to UK, Clarks being my preferred choice

EDIT:  and I forgot to add that Decthlon also do large size socks (up to size 50!!!) and not just white sports socks but black and other colours.  I like them because you can get pure cotton ones which are best for my feet, not expensive either

Yes that is also a possibility as they do have clothing and shoes designed for the Master Race

I just wasn't sure where the OP is from so didn't mention it.

I too have wide feet as I also prefer to go barefoot. It comes in very handy when crossing soft snow without resorting to snow-shoes [:P]

We've had trouble finding (I think) size 11 for OH, usually not available in the cheaper outlets (supermarkets and such), but maybe a good shoe shop in one of the larger towns would be OK. 

I think he bought one pair from the travelling salesmen, but memory is that though supposedly the right size, they are actually too small.....A rohde - I've jusst checked, and it says 9 and half so not surprising ....but sizing does vary with make.  He's wearing the pair that fit best (bought in the UK, but German make) so cannot check at mo.

Otherwise, as already suggested, UK or Germany.

I do have a tall male French friend - when I see him next, if I remember, I'll ask where he buys his shoes.  His feet look pretty big!

[quote user="Judith"]We've had trouble finding (I think) size 11 for OH, usually not available in the cheaper outlets (supermarkets and such), but maybe a good shoe shop in one of the larger towns would be OK. 

[/quote]

I take 11 as well, I have found even in the UK they size 11 as a 45 but it is really something like a 10.5. I always look for a 46 these fit a treat. I have found the supermarkets etc usually only go up to a 45, if they do 46 they must go very quickly.

• 2 years later...

OH takes size 12 and likes Padders shoes - either gets them on trips back to UK, or buys the ones he already knows will fit online.  He has occasionally found large sizes here in France, in shops that sell end of ranges, but the sizing tends to be very unreliable - one pair he bought was supposed to be a size 54!

Chrissie (81)

Try Sarenza online for shoes. I buy all my shoes via their site and the prices compare with the expensive high street shops,sometimes you get real bargains in the sales too. I have average sized feet 39/40 but my son's girlfriend takes a 45 so she buys all hers on Sarenza as well as the shops are not geared up for ladies of that size (she is over 6ft).Delivery is free to a Kialis relais near to you and you have 100 days to return the items if not satisfied which I have done loads of times and it costs no delivery charge and your money is refunded within 48hrs of the goods being returned.Thoroughly recommend but be warned as you can get addicted to the site and keep buying!

Thanks for info about Sarenza. I have every sympathy with your son's girlfriend. I had given up looking for shoes in France as I take a 42/43 - the last time I went into a shoe shop and asked if they had a particular shoe in a 42 the assistant laughed openly in my face!! The time before that, the assistant said ,"42" in such an exaggerated manner all over the shop my husband grabbed my arm and manoeuvred me out of the door before I could respond.