Washing machine

rowland

I seem to have done nothing but ask questions in the past few days - apologies.

Our washing machine has this very minute stopped working!

At least it was on the spin cycle so not much water left in it!

Can anyone say how much roughly it costs to ask someone to come out and fix it.

In UK it is almost as expensive to do that as it is to buy a new one but white goods seem to be dearer in France.

As usual, any help always gratefully received.

Thanks

Was it perhaps overloaded? In which case, empty partly and then restart in spin mode.

How old is it? Over ten years, not worth it. My little birdie recently had one go bust that was over 35 years old and we reluctantly decided to bin it.

Sales at the moment if you are quick, so some cheaper prices about. Try a Bosch if you use it in a full time home.

Or out of balance, that to can cause a shutdown as indeed can something stuck in the pump, worth checking first as are any codes displayed, I fixed one for a customer and the part was only £19 and just an hour labour to travel and fix.

Bosch, hmm not again, don't like grey clothes, Eco gone too far. cleaned it from top to bottom internally and still no better.

If you want to try to repair it yourself you could try Googling for repair hints.

I don't know how well that will work for machines sold here, but we have a US model Whirlpool from Curry's in UK, and I found videos showing how to make many different repairs and all the spare parts I could ever want.

Thanks everyone - I did a search on the Indesit site but it did not recognise the serial number of our model - probably too old.

We think that it has died because we are not even getting the power light to come on. Have plugged something else in so it isn't the socket.

Ah well, c''est la vie!

My husband always looks on the internet when wanting to do repairs to things - a very useful source.

We have 2 Bosch washing machines; one is ages old, hasn't ever needed repairs; the other one is in France and of necessity is a washer/dryer and is just over 6 years old and also works well, no problems. We've a Bosch dryer, which is even older than the washing machine and 2 Bosch dishwashers, have always found them very good. Just remembered the freezer and fridge are also Bosch - the one in England must be about 30 years old too.

[quote user="gardengirl "]My husband always looks on the internet when wanting to do repairs to things - a very useful source.

We have 2 Bosch washing machines; one is ages old, hasn't ever needed repairs; the other one is in France and of necessity is a washer/dryer and is just over 6 years old and also works well, no problems. We've a Bosch dryer, which is even older than the washing machine and 2 Bosch dishwashers, have always found them very good. Just remembered the freezer and fridge are also Bosch - the one in England must be about 30 years old too.

[/quote]

I have no problem with the build quality or longevity, we are on our second Bosch washing machine but this super Eco low water version doesn't seem with our water and a range of different detergents to bring the whites up passed a grey. Thinking of trying softened water.  But looking at an LG Ecobubble as the new purchase as we also need a larger drum to get the changeover wash loads in quickly so 10Kg should help

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="gardengirl "]My husband always looks on the internet when wanting to do repairs to things - a very useful source.

[/quote]

I have no problem with the build quality or longevity, we are on our second Bosch washing machine but this super Eco low water version doesn't seem with our water and a range of different detergents to bring the whites up passed a grey. Thinking of trying softened water.  But looking at an LG Ecobubble as the new purchase as we also need a larger drum to get the changeover wash loads in quickly so 10Kg should help

[/quote]

Oh, ours aren't particular eco models, just plain ordinary ones although they all seem very water efficient and don't use a large amount of electricity either. The freezer and fridge don't use much water either!  [:D]

[quote user="gardengirl "]

Oh, ours aren't particular eco models, just plain ordinary ones although they all seem very water efficient and don't use a large amount of electricity either. The freezer and fridge don't use much water either!  [:D]

[/quote]

That's a surprise I thought you'd get through quite a few ice cubes with your Apperos [;-)]

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="gardengirl "]

[/quote]

That's a surprise I thought you'd get through quite a few ice cubes with your Apperos [;-)]

[/quote]

Not at all - chilled gris or champagne are my tipples, no need for ice cubes! Actually, I've only drunk champagne for the last 6 weeks - medicinal of course!  [:D]