Sensible sized tissues!

Mrs Trellis

Very banal, but we can't find what are usually called 'man-sized' tissues here. When you need to blow your nose, the dainty little ones are no use. Luckily I haven't had a cold recently, but fit-for-purpose tissues would be handy.

We usually bring some back from UK if going by car but OH's illness meant we haven't been over for a year.

Are sensible tissues available in France?

Mrs T, this is a question I have asked myself dozens of times. When you think of the size of some of the famous French hooters, who said de Gaul the friend of the U.K. ????? I have been amaised that it isn't possible to get 'man size' tissues here in France. Every time any of our friends go back to the U.K. we ask if they can bring some BIG jobbies back.

We have a stock that is used sparingly [:-))]

! Yes I have been heard to wonder why there are only small tissues when many French people have big noses. OH (average sized nose) complained yesterday when he blew his nose on a tissue from the supermarche, 'these tissues are b useless!' Yes, bogroll and kitchen towel are alternatives, but kitchen towel can be harsh on a sore nose (e.g. when you have a cold) and it doesn't look good to fish bogroll out of your pocket.

The local supermarket is Intermarche and we have never found any tissues but wispy little ones suitable for removing makeup. We also shop at Lidl and have tried Geant/LeClerc/Auchan.

I live in Tarn et Garonne, now please tell me where the nearest Big Tissue Shop is.....!

Yes John, that is possible, though not helpful. It didn't occur to me as I was writing in English, said 'tissues' not 'tissue' and there is no material counter in supermarkets!

Ah well, I wonder if my son could cram a box of tissues into his hand luggage when he visits in October?