New Year, new rip off

Pierre ZFP

Not wishing to 'name and shame' but I visited a well known chain of sports shops (the one with a blue and white logo) yesterday.  Open exceptionally on a Sunday with 'Special Offers'

Yeah 'Special' alright.

Bought 6 things and charged too much of 4 of them!  I always check the receipt before I leave there. .  It was things like buy a pair of trousers get the next pair half price and 2 long sleeve T shirts that had been reduced but I got charged full price.  Got money back immediately but how many people would have been caught out?

Well, there's a nice surprise.

Got an email from Decathlon, apologising for the error (they got my details via my carte de fidelité) and giving me a 20€ bon d'achat for use in their store, no minimum spend or anything.

Well done Decathlon, I'm impressed with your efforts to put things right and make a customer go from grumpy to happy [:)]

Well done Pierre!

I buy quite a lot of stuff from Decathlon. When we lived in the UK it was one of the places I avoided, being a bit of a "brand snob" in those days, but since moving here I've found that the quality and range has improved and I'm pleased to say I've lost that snobby thing as well !