Sending A Book to the UK

Doodle

Hi all,

I have a book that I would like to send to the UK as a gift for Christmas. The book weighs around 1100kg value around £40. What be the best way to send it to the UK ie should I pack it myself or use one of the boxes at La Poste and does anyone have any idea how much this might cost. Some years ago I sent an A4 calendar which cost me 13 euros - ouch as that was more than the calendar itself so unfortunately for the recipient if the cost is going to be extortionate they wont be receiving a book for Christmas.

Thanks, Mrs KG

Thanks Wooly, I missed my chance of sending it back with a friend (I forgot) so I may just get another copy sent and keep this one for myself. That said it's going to cost £10 to send a copy as it was from the Folio Society but it sounds like that would be a cheaper option.

Mrs KG

[quote user="Mrs KG"]Hi all,

I have a book that I would like to send to the UK as a gift for Christmas. The book weighs around 1100kg value around £40. [/quote]

Using PaulT's Colissimo prices, a book of the above weight, will cost you € 15130 to post.

You should be able to hire a private jet and deliver it yourself for that price.

Ahem. Will you be needing a porter to carry it for you?

regards

cajal

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to all for the replies and yes my mistake 1100KG!

Reused the box the book originally came in with a bit more bubble wrap and loads of parcel tape and set off to the post office this morning and was very pleased to pay E16.50. So thanks to all for your input and I can now RIP that the mother in law will get a book that she will love and not be expecting and one that will keep her quiet for a while!

Mrs KG

[quote user="woolybanana"]La Poste will extract the maximum.[/quote]You make it sound like they will try to cheat you somehow when all they will do is charge according to the weight and size and the prescribed tariff's therefore, the same as any postal service.