The amazing Mayor of Beziers

nomoss

Norman, this should cheer you up, free deliveries to your house within 48 hours.

He's already organised 17 deliveries in one day - in a city of 76,000.

I have made my opinion of him clear in anothe thread, BUT he does do things like organising several  distributions of free masks  before it was done elsewhere, and this isn't to be sneezed at even if it helps those who can pay the prices  that these boutiques charge rather than those on a minimum income..

I should add that the tip you gave me about Toupargel has been invaluable, especially for household  and heavy items.
I had always assumed from the name that they offered only frozen food, but in fact there is a whole range of products that can be ordered on-line and delivered to the door with a choice of times  in a 'window' that you can define yourself

[quote user="NormanH"]I have made my opinion of him clear in anothe thread, BUT he does do things like organising several  distributions of free masks  before it was done elsewhere, and this isn't to be sneezed at even if it helps those who can pay the prices  that these boutiques charge rather than those on a minimum income..

[/quote]

I was just amused/bemused by the fact that they made only 17 deliveries in a day.

[quote user="NormanH"]
I should add that the tip you gave me about Toupargel has been invaluable, especially for household  and heavy items.
I had always assumed from the name that they offered only frozen food, but in fact there is a whole range of products that can be ordered on-line and delivered to the door with a choice of times  in a 'window' that you can define yourself

[/quote]

Glad you found them useful. We only used them once, back in April, when we were worried by the crowds and lack of precautions in our local supermarket and shops, and found them reliable and reasonable value.

As there is a Carrefour Market only a few hundred metres from the house we now do almost all our shopping there, but go at around 12.30 when it's usually quiet, and if not, go home until the next day.

We have even been to Lidl and Aldi in Carcassonne a couple of times, but again, only when we expect them not to be busy.