What are curtain weights called in France and....

mint

where do you buy them?  I mean those metal weights that you put in the hem to get the curtain to hang nicely?

I bought some lace curtains on leboncoin years ago and they had a lead "fil" in the hem.  They were really good-looking up on the veranda windows.  However, they are getting a bit old now and look grubby so I have bought new voile ones that need shortening and so I would like to have some weights put on the bottom.

If I can't get any, I think I might just have to remove the lead "wire" from the old curtains and have them put in the new ones.  But I would like to keep the old curtains intact in case someone would like them.

OK answered my own question but posting answer here in case someone else is also looking.

Fil de plomb or bande de plomb pour rideaux will do but IMHO they are expensive.  I have found some small magnets that should save me some dosh as someone will have to turn up the curtains for me (no sewing machine and will take me about 15 years to do them by hand) and the person cannot claim that they will be a lot more fiddly and more work and therefore will have to charge me more.

Thanks cajal but I need a minimum of 12 metres and maybe a bit more as there will be gathers.

The curtains are only cheapo things bought at a sale so, what with having to pay someone to shorten them, I don't want to pay over 20 euros for weights.

Ah, but minimum purchase is 36 euros!

I believe that magnets will do the job.  I have found some little ones, only 8mm diameter, smaller than a 1 cent coin, so should be nice and discrete and no further sewing once the shortening is done.

Thanks for your suggestions, guys[:)]

Farmers would be the crème de la crème.

I do regularly talk with a man of indeterminate age though he told me he was 65 on the days when I pass his ..er...little abode on my walks. His nickname is M. Bouboule because, yes you guessed it, he is as broad as he is tall!

But he is a genial sort of chap all right; always all smiles and ready to exchange pleasantries.