What products do you use....

mint

to keep your whites white?

I need some suggestions and your suggestion would be doubly valuable if you lived in a hard water area.

I don't miss anything about Wales except the lovely soft Welsh water.  All the linen soft and clean with the coloureds unfaded and the whites sparkling.

If I am unable to keep clothes and towels white, I shall have to do some shopping of new stuff.  Shopping's fine but I'd feel guilty if I don't first make an effort.

We intend to try this on the pillow cases/protectors, and less white stuff soon. Put a dishwasher tablet in with your usual powder for a white only wash.

I read it as a recommendation, but have not yet tried it!!!!

Thanks Lehaut.  Will try it tomorrow if the rain has stopped by then!  Will let you know.  I have a load of grubby white things, notably OH's pillow cases, to wash and hells bells if it works I shall be very happy[:D]

Hi, Lehaut, first day without rain so did my whites today, using your suggestion.  Worked a treat, some marks and stains are gone.  Some more stubborn marks remain but fainter and, of course, this is only the first wash with the dishwasher tablet.

I reckon that, after a couple of washes, the stains should be gone and yes, everything definitely looks cleaner and whiter.

Thank you for the tip![:D]

• 6 months later...
On 20/05/2021 at 23:25, mint said:
to keep your whites white?

I need some suggestions and your suggestion would be doubly valuable if you lived in a hard water area.

I don't miss anything about Wales except the lovely soft Welsh water.  All the linen soft and clean with the coloureds unfaded and the whites sparkling.

If I am unable to keep clothes and towels white, I shall have to do some shopping of new stuff.  Shopping's fine but I'd feel guilty if I don't first make an effort.

Thank you so much for arising this question . We are facing same issue for last 3 years.

• 5 months later...