Navx Radar Trap adviser.

pachapapa

Navx have resisted the restrictions introduced regarding locations of radar traps, 6000 in france.

The company claims that the measure has seriously affected their economic well being.

The company contend that the restrictions were imposed without any any reports or enquiries being conducted to support the change.

The company wiil appear this afternoon friday before the Conseil d'Etat the highest court in the french administrative court system.

The constitutionality will turn on the "proportionality" of the measure in relation to the intended purpose i.e. the promotion of safety rather than making a wad of cash for a spendthrift executive.

An immediate judgment by the court is unlikely and could take several weeks; evening media will almost certainly fill in the details.

http://www.navx.com/fr/gps/radars/?gclid=CPOk4pnVga4CFVE8fAodtFGa4w

Google Info current:

http://goo.gl/7UHJd

I think I might change back my licence. Since I changed my licence to a french one, I have had three speeding fines. Now the speed radars are set up on the motorways between 90km and 110 difficult to see the changes in traffic. But I wonder if there is a connection. will have to get a navx

[quote user="pachapapa"]The company claims that the measure has seriously affected their economic well being.[/quote]So a significant portion of their their entire business model is based on a database of 6000 camera locations in France then, is that it ?

Make the claim on their website of 40,000 sites throughout Europe seem a bit disingenuous then. Besides, others appear to have found a way around it by labelling sites as 'danger points' or whatever so why can't they do the same ?

The only winners will be the lawyers but what's new there !

[quote user="Georgina"]I think I might change back my licence. Since I changed my licence to a french one, I have had three speeding fines. Now the speed radars are set up on the motorways between 90km and 110 difficult to see the changes in traffic. But I wonder if there is a connection. will have to get a navx[/quote] So does having a French driving licence makes you drive faster? [:D]

Not sure what all the fuss is about.

My radar avertisseur (Avertinoo on Iphone) continues to function almost identically as before. Still get warnings of fixed and mobile radars, just they are now marked as danger spots. You can even download a certificate saying it conforms to the new laws.

A strong clue is the speed of the traffic around you [;-)]

On the motorway most cars seem to travel at or near the limit most of the time, if not in 130 zones then certainly in 90 & 110 areas,  so if you find yourself overtaking anything other than trucks and obvious dawdlers it's always good to ask yourself why that might be ?

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="pachapapa"]The company claims that the measure has seriously affected their economic well being.[/quote]So a significant portion of their their entire business model is based on a database of 6000 camera locations in France then, is that it ?

Make the claim on their website of 40,000 sites throughout Europe seem a bit disingenuous then. Besides, others appear to have found a way around it by labelling sites as 'danger points' or whatever so why can't they do the same ?

The only winners will be the lawyers but what's new there !
[/quote]

Well NavX could use some of the cash in the case won against google.[:)]

http://blogs.ft.com/fttechhub/2012/02/french-court-fines-google-over-mapping/#axzz1lhgoSBoM

The Adwords case:

http://blogs.ft.com/fttechhub/2011/12/navx-demands-e23m-damages-from-google/#axzz1lhgoSBoM

• 1 month later...

[quote user="Georgina"]Funny But honestly not driving faster, or going anywhere different just getting caught more.[/quote]

So you are an habitual speeder just not getting caught before by slamming on the brakes before passing a speed camera and then speeding up again.

Anyone driving within the speed limit does not even have to worry aout mobile speed cameras or police cars whether marked or unmarked.

Paul

[quote user="PaulT"]

[quote user="Georgina"]Funny But honestly not driving faster, or going anywhere different just getting caught more.[/quote]

So you are an habitual speeder just not getting caught before by slamming on the brakes before passing a speed camera and then speeding up again.

Anyone driving within the speed limit does not even have to worry aout mobile speed cameras or police cars whether marked or unmarked.

Paul

[/quote]

On the 8th feb last the Conseil d'etat rejected the Navx plea; The Conseil will eventually decide "sur le fond" but this could take several months and is extremely unlikely to change the normal application of the zones of safety measures.

http://www.caradisiac.com/Interdiction-des-avertisseurs-de-radars-NAVX-deboutee-par-le-Conseil-d-Etat-76233.htm

• 1 month later...