CQ CQ CQ

Jackie

Has anyone out there attempted to obtain a French Amateur Radio licence? I used to hold a full UK licence (A) and have a certificate issued by the RA called: Harmonized Amateur Radio Examination Certificate (HAREC) Based on CEPT Recommendation T/R 61-02. I would be interested in knowing the procedure for applying for a French equivalent licence, who to contact, what documents are required and any web stites that could give this information etc………..73’s …..John ex G0IQY

[quote]Has anyone out there attempted to obtain a French Amateur Radio licence? I used to hold a full UK licence (A) and have a certificate issued by the RA called: Harmonized Amateur Radio Examination Certi...[/quote]

A friend of mine passes this on:

"the French ham organisation website is:

www.ref-union.org

They have all the information there (in French) with some stuff translated into English. (The translation link is a royal pain to use for anything past the home page.)

Click on the link for CNFRA (Formation) for all the info about the exams and licensing procedure."

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information Ray. With assistance from someone on another site (T.F.) I have found the following address and website. They have application forms and details of the regs, in case anyone else is interested. What I do not yet know if they will accept a CEPT Certificate of Harmonisation (UK issued) and a UK Radio Amateur certificate to qualify for a French licence, time will tell. Meantime I will get my gear up and working and monitor 2m and 80m to assess band activity, assuming it still works as it has been in a box in the barn for the last 4 years!

Agence Nationale des Fréquences
Direction de l'administration générale
Centre de Gestion des Radiocommunications
Régie de Recettes
B.P. 61
94371 SUCY-EN-BRIE CEDEX

http://www.anfr.fr/index.php?cat=radioamateur&page=indicatifs#ind_etr

Yes your harec will be accepted.

I can not remember what other documents they wanted but will look it up for you.

Also I did not send the originals I photocopied the originals and took them to the local mairie and had them stamped as authentic copies of the originals.

peterj in the Dordogne.

Yes your harec will be accepted.

I can not remember what other documents they wanted but will look it up for you.

Also I did not send the originals I photocopied the originals and took them to the local mairie and had them stamped as authentic copies of the originals.

peterj in the Dordogne.

Thanks for that PeterJ. I guess I will to the mairie go and get copies certified. Do you know if they send an inspector round to examine the station as they once did in the UK. It may be some time before I get it all working though I could apply for the licence now and that would cover me for transmission tests I hope. I also assume if the Tx is derived from a xtal then all that you would need for test gear would be a dummy load and a wavemeter. I also assume that knowing the d.c. input power would be enough to keep them happy you are not exceeding maximum radiated power. Is there a list of mandatory test gear available on any site?.......................................John

Hi John

Just read your first message again and I think I may have misled you as it appears you do not have a current licence.

I got my file out and found the original letter from ARTS and this is what they require.

1 Copy of your current licence.

2 Copy of your Harec document.

3 Copy of EDF bill

Regarding test equipment in shack I have not seen any recomendations that one should have.

Also there is not an equivalent of the BR68 document or if there is I have not found it  yet.

Regards peterj.

Ok so I take it that I may need to have a current UK licence. I let it lapse as I could not see much point in having a UK licence whilst living in France, does this mean I have to reactivate the UK call sign, assuming that is possible for a non-UK resident, before applying for the French licence I wonder, seems a bit strange!.............................John

Hi John

I will be talking to somebody who knows all the in and outs of licence laws on 80mtrs tonight will let you know.

By the way where abouts are you in France as I have spoken to quite a few F5V** and F1V** here who have got their reciprocals.

Regards peterj