2006 Le Tour Route

Stefan

Stefan,

For a quick and simple look (at least until the main site you have put up gets it all up (towns etc) try this one for a quick glimpse:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/4380002.stm

We are quite near to it again this year but seen enough now live and will probably watch it on the box this time, friends with a hotel in Alpes D'Huez have the tour again, as normal!

Miki - could you possibly let me have details of the hotel in Alpe'D'Huez?

I am riding the Etape du Tour which means next year we will be doing the stage from Gap to the Alpe on Monday 10th and I can't find any accommodation at either end - it's all seems to be booked already by the big tour companies.

Has anyone else got any contacts in the area?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We were lucky enough to watch the tour pass through our town this year and seem to have hit lady luck again for next year as the stage actually starts in our town this time on Friday the 14th of July.

If it is anything like last year it will be a great event especially as our house is only 100 meters from the main street.

Luchon (31) is a great place to be when the sun is shining and the wine is flowing

Regards,

Mike

• 6 months later...
[quote user="Stefan"]

OK, for those who want to know where to be / not to be in July, full details of the route have just been released

[/quote]

Brilliant timing!  By the time I have packed up my tent at The Pyla Dune campsite on the 11th July I can hook up with the Tour as it starts it's Bordeaux to Dax section not far from Arcachon [:-))]