recycling

johnycarper

Not sure where to post this one so will try here,as we now have to recycle just about everything which is good,I have a question that hopefully someone can help with.When I went up the rubbish tip last week a new guy there checked my black bags i was going to dump.he said as there was food inside I could not leave them.I have now been told that we should have a seal-able box we are supposed to put any food waste in for collection.We have never been given one or had one,can anyone help please with where to go.

Thanks,

John

So what happens if you leave the black bags out for the dustbin men? We have a communal bin area in the village where we take the rubbish between bin emptying. As we can get extra recycling bags from the Mayors office I suggest you try there for the food bin.

We've got no recycling for food scraps; that goes in the unrecyclable household waste taken by the dustmen. We have a recycling bin for tins, plastic bottles, cartons etc plus communal bins for glass and paper, then at the tip there's a bin for clothing plus separation of cardboard, metal, wood, garden waste, electrical appliances plus one skip for unrecyclable rubbish (but not black bags/food)

My barrel(at least the spaces between the floors ) has been infested with rats cockroaches and pigeons for 15 years.

This is a simple fact of life in the sunny south of France.

I was having a glass of rosé with the neighbours the other day and the cockroaches were running up the walls and over the ceilings, and we could hear the same squeaking from the young rats in their nests as chez moi [:)]

[quote user="NormanH"]This is a simple fact of life in the sunny south of France.

I was having a glass of rosé with the neighbours the other day and the cockroaches were running up the walls and over the ceilings, and we could hear the same squeaking from the young rats in their nests as chez moi [:)][/quote]

My advice to you is to move to the Morbihan. Whilst we might not have the same number of sunny days in which to enjoy an apero with the neighbours we do not (hereabouts anyway) suffer with cockroaches (eek, yuk) nor rats (double eek, yuk). Actually yesterday was particularly delightful here, being sunny and warm after a short shower at 10am.

Sue [:)]

We now have a household rubbish collection but before that we had to put our household rubbish (i.e. not recyclable) into a big bin in the village. At no time would the recycling centre take it.

If you live in a village then perhaps you should ask your mayor.

[quote user="NormanH"]My barrel(at least the spaces between the floors ) has been infested with rats cockroaches and pigeons for 15 years.
This is a simple fact of life in the sunny south of France.

I was having a glass of rosé with the neighbours the other day and the cockroaches were running up the walls and over the ceilings, and we could hear the same squeaking from the young rats in their nests as chez moi [:)]

[/quote] Norman, I am surprised you have not been able to market some form of rat pate, there is enough dubious rabbit and duck that you could Copy.But then maybe you have!