Hunting season

In Manche, it finished a couple of weeks ago. It is probably still legal to go and shoot something... pigeons, corvids or whatever, but the main hunting season which requires anyone wanting to amble fairly safely through a wood to wear a bright orange kevlar vest and groin protector is over.[:)]

It finishes the same date everywhere in France, it was the 28th Feb....BUT, wait a minute, not quite that easy, this year more than ever there have been prefectural authorisations for all manner of "extensions", in the Vienne we have had fox hunting since the close on all the ACCA land that is "no hunting" and there are some doubtful practises going on in the east of France with the forces of law and order told to turn a blind eye.

Chris

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Does anyone know when the hunting season finishes??? I think that it is this month, but don't know the date. Also are the dates different in different parts of France??[/quote]

Have a look at the 'Chasseurs de France' website.

Can't wait for next season!

[quote user="oliveau"]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Does anyone know when the hunting season finishes??? I think that it is this month, but don't know the date. Also are the dates different in different parts of France??[/quote]

Have a look at the 'Chasseurs de France' website.

Can't wait for next season!

[/quote]

The last time I shot anything was in our garden, a coque phesant. Didn't 'arf taste nice too [:D]! Didn't make a lot of noise either!!![6]

Still couldn't make out the dates from that site though Oliveau??? Looks quite interesting...

Hi Oliveau, not sure about neighbours. We are just N/E of the lovely Cité of Carcassonne... Where are you. Lovely place to live init??!

I don't have a silencer on my catapult, it isn't really noisy. That's wot I shot the peasent wiv. No nasty bits of lead to worry about!!![6]

On a slightly different note, but on the same general theme, this is interesting.....

(AFP) - Dix-huit hérissons vivants ont été saisis par l'Office national de la chasse et de la faune sauvage (ONCFS) dans la voiture de deux hommes qui les braconnaient pour les manger, a-t-on appris mercredi auprès de l'ONCFS de la Sarthe.

Les techniciens de l'ONCFS ont été intrigués par le manège d'une voiture qui s'arrêtait puis redémarrait plusieurs fois de suite en bord de route, alors qu'ils effectuaient une mission anti-braconnage du lièvre et du chevreuil dans le sud du département, dans la nuit du 3 au 4 mars.

"Nous avons trouvé 18 hérissons vivants dans le coffre de la voiture. Les deux hommes laissaient leur chien, spécialement dressé à la chasse au hérisson, fouiller le fossé et ne sortaient du véhicule que pour attraper l'animal rabattu", indique Julien Pioger, chef du service départemental. "Les deux hommes verbalisés, issus de la communauté des gens du voyage, ont indiqué qu'ils faisaient jeûner les hérissons 24 heures avant de les manger".

Les hérissons d'Europe, une espèce protégée, ont été relâchés dans la nature. Les deux braconniers risquent jusqu'à six mois d'emprisonnement, 9.000 euros d'amende et la saisie de leur véhicule.

lundi 12 mars 2007, 18h11

There are laws in France and sometimes they are applied, Chris