Tickets for Rugby World Cup 2007

I was thinking about having a holiday in the region around St Etienne around the end of September and maybe taking in the Scotland v Italy  qualifying match. Ticketmaster say that all tickets for this game are sold out which I find a bit surprising. The Scottish Rugby Union have great difficulty selling tickets for home matches these days so I find it a bit strange that an away match like this would be so popular. I suspect that all the tickets have not really been "sold" but have been taken up by tour operators who may then release them back to RWC at a later date if they can't sell all their holiday packages. Do any of you residents have any inside information? 

I have the same problem with England Tickets for Nantes. All sold out. However, there are loads of them for sale on E-bay at ridiculous prices. I heard a rumour form my neighbour that they were for sale in L'eclerc. I will check this out on my next visit.

There is a warning on the RWC 2007 website not to buy tickets except from the official sources. I don't know how rigorous the checking will be in France but I know that my rugby club got in trouble a few years ago because a member sold on tickets.

We get the same problem here in the Vendée with tickets for the Cinescene spectalular at Puy du Fou.

It usually means all the local agents have them which is a bit of a pain as they want to sell you transport, accomodation etc.

The last time when I wanted to take my sister and BiL from Australia I contacted the local Tourist Office and they let me have some without any extras.

Hi Crep,

I bought tickets for the games being played in Bordeaux in May 2006 when they first went on sale to the general public.

Having recently checked the official RWC site it would appear that pretty much all the tickets for every game have been sold. The only chance you've got is to keep looking at the RWC site for any returns or to risk buying on E-Bay.

If i find any further info i'll let you know.

Tim.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I saw that in my newspaper yesterday and immediately checked the RWC site but still no tickets for Scotland v Italy in St Etienne. I tried again this morning after seeing your post but same result. For Pool C, Scotland's Pool, it seems you can get tickets for matches in Edinburgh and Marseilles but not the other venues. I can't imagine that Romania v Portugal in Toulouse is a sell out! 

You got me excited there! I have just tried this but no luck. Are you doing something different from me? I went into www.france2007.fr which led me to www.france2007.ticketnet.fr which suggests that tickets for Scotland v Italy are available but, if you try to buy any, at any price, you get a message "ATTENTION IL N'Y A PLUS DE PLACES DISPONIBLES DANS LA CATEGORIE DEMANDEE".

I'm totally confused. I agree that I it looks as if tickets are available for Samoa v USA and SA v USA using the process described in my previous post but when I go through exactly the same process for Scotland v Italy, it says 0 tickets available in all categories.

Crep,

Scotland v Italy is sold out, but tickets for other games including Scotland v Portugal are still available. If you are dead set on seeing Scotland/Italy your best hope now is E-Bay.

I would have preferred to have seen England in September but i'm just as happy to watch Australia and Ireland in Bordeaux especially as i've found an irish pub near the stadium! I'm pleased to be able to take my two sons to see four World Cup games without it costing a fortune - 12 tickets for only £125.00!

Tim.

Apologies. I did not read your posts of 10:58 and 13:10 properly and confused "Portugal" with "Italy" - an easy mistake to make! I'm not really that bothered about going to Scotland v Italy. It would have been nice to combine a holiday with watching the game but I would be just as happy to go somewhere else in France and watch some games on TV.  Enjoy the games in Bordeaux. I was in Dublin a couple of week's ago and sampled some real Irish pubs!

• 2 months later...

Good luck in finding a home for these tickets but I have to say that Canada v Japan is even less appealing than Scotland v Italy!  I have given up all hope of getting tickets for the latter and have decided to holiday in Savoie during the early stages of the tournament instead of St Etienne and, hopefully, watch some games on TV. On which topic, I see there is a full page advert in the latest edition of France magazine promoting coverage of matches on TV5Monde. This threw me a bit as I was expecting the coverage to be on one of the main terrestrial channels. After a brief bit of googling, I think I have convinced myself that TV5Monde is a worldwide francophone satellite service which is showing all France's pool matches plus the knockout stages but that the main source of TV coverage will be TF1. Is this correct?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote user="crépuscule"]I hope you got a good price. According to my newspaper this morning, tickets are going for between 200% - 700% of face value although Canada v Japan wasn't specifically mentioned![/quote]

I was happy to sell them for face value only (10 euros each). Don't tell me you'd have paid more!!

• 3 weeks later...
Just back from France where I watched some matches on TF1. Unfortunately, our gite did not have Eurosport so I did not see Scotland v Portugal nor Scotland v Roumania. Watched Scotland v NZ in a "Scottish" pub in Lyon. It's called "Le Wallace" and it has an amazing selection of malt whiskies but no Scottish beer. No English or Welsh beer either but 3 kinds of Irish. I think it is jointly run by an Irishman & a Scotsman so 200 types of whisky v 3 beers is probably reasonable.