Childrens Rugby In France

josa

Hi - I am looking at arranging a tour for an under 13 age group Rugby team to France. When I did this some years ago the rules in France were for 15 a side (as in Engalnd) for that age group, but I am told they may actually play 12 a side up until 15 years - can anyone confirm this and also does anyone have a link to where I can find the FFR regulations regarding any differing rules for various age groups?

Thanks

Hi,

In France the juniors are separated in to 5 groups, under 7, under 9, under 11, under 13 and under 15. The rules for under 13 is that you have 10 players, you can find a copy of the rules HERE for under 13's.

I am not sure which region of France you are considering but certainly down south, often referred to as the heart of French rugby, may be your best place. There are cheap flights from the UK to both Carcassonne, Perpignan and Montpelier. Virtually every club down here have both cubs and cadets.

You can find contact details on the FFR website by looking at the region. Because of the way the website is written you can't give a direct link. If you are interested in our neck of the woods you need to look under competitions and then under 3DFGS (we, as in Quillan, are in poule 4). If you then click on the club name it will give you the club address and sometimes the name of the president and his phone number. Now its just so happens that our president also sits on the regional committee (which is how we always get our cheap international tickets). If you want some contact details for him just drop me a PM.

For other age groups you can look at THIS page which will give you the rules for each.

Hope that helps.

Hi my son plays for Bellac under 15's so when he comes in I'll ask him re the numbers, where abouts are you planning to bring the British kids as I would think the guys at Bellac would love an exchange or a Visit, there are also a few brit kids play for them.

If you think you may be interested I can give you the coaches number if you PM me and you could arrange it, although his Anglais is limited.

Thanks for all the information - most helpful and much appreciated.

We are likely to be going to Meaux or thereabouts as it is close enough for us to get a coach all the way. I personally have a house just between Limoges and Brive so would prefer that area, but I think that will have to wait until the boys are older - we went to Cahors some years ago with the older age group and had a fantastic time.

JD

We had a 'friendly' match with some English kids a few years back in Quillan. The club did an event day, took them rafting and did a BBQ after the match. The kid were put up with local club families for two nights and really enjoyed it as did the French kids.

[quote user="josa"]I've taken kids -  and adults -  on rugby tours all over - UK, Europe and South Africa -  at various times - the best place is France - the hospitality is fantastic - and the rugby is pretty good too!![/quote]

You should read what the Osprey fans had to say on their forum about their visit to Perpignan in the Heineken Cup. USAP laid on a traditional Catalan meal for them, gave them all a present, all in all they had a fantastic time and that was just the supporters.

Sport and music cross all boundaries, physical and cultural.