Rugby World Cup 3rd XV

Gardian

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been approached to give English lessons to Lionel Nallet and his wife[:)]  Imagine the fun I could have!  I could teach him to speak with a South Wales accent - I can just see Ryan Jones' face[:D]

Go on JK - what could I teach him to say?

I'd like to ask him (and the rest of the French group) what the feck they were playing at. Its as if they wanted to save the bacon of one Wingnut O'Sullivan. They gifted that 2nd half away. That said, credit to the Irish lads, they stuffed Wingnuts failed plan up their jerseys and played from the heart and they very nearly turned the complacent French over.

Aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - O'Sullivan lives to ruin another day. [:@][6][:'(]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I have been approached to give English lessons to Lionel Nallet and his wife[:)]  Imagine the fun I could have!  I could teach him to speak with a South Wales accent - I can just see Ryan Jones' face[:D]

Go on JK - what could I teach him to say?

[/quote]

I woz goin down a line like aht an en eee took a ball off me like iss an so I kicked im in a bollocks an ee sed wottu doin mun!  I'm gonna nok ewe out forrat!!

Please dont rape them of their lovely French accents Twinks.  There are lots of people in the Tarn who speak with valleys accents now and its all Twinkles fault.[:@]

slike bein in a gurnos

Twinkle as to a South Wales accent are you referring to the Cardiff Park and Canton Park type of accent or the more polished one as in Cowbridge or the lilting one of say Porth Ynyshir and the like or to the Eastern Valleys or then to the amalgamation that one finds in Chepstow and where I lived for over thirty years.  My Porth accent was somewhat lost amongst the Forest types.

Whatever the boys still have to prove themselves and if they get over Italy then Dublin and what tears I have shed there over the years and nursed many hangovers.  Then of course to the last game of the season and here in the Vendee we are organising a group approach with our French neighbours.

[quote user="dragonrouge"]

Whatever the boys still have to prove themselves and if they get over Italy then Dublin and what tears I have shed there over the years and nursed many hangovers.  Then of course to the last game of the season and here in the Vendee we are organising a group approach with our French neighbours.

[/quote]

That last game against France should be a cracker!

(let's 'ope so anyway)

Great last try from Williams btw, even if some people are saying it wasn't! (a try I mean)

[quote user="raindog"][quote user="dragonrouge"]

[/quote]

That last game against France should be a cracker!

(let's 'ope so anyway)

Great last try from Williams btw, even if some people are saying it wasn't! (a try I mean)

[/quote]

It wasn't, but the video ref said it was, therefore it was. The ref is always right, even when he is wrong. [:P]

Twinkle as to a South Wales accent are you referring to the Cardiff Park and Canton Park type of accent or the more polished one as in Cowbridge or the lilting one of say Porth Ynyshir and the like or to the Eastern Valleys or then to the amalgamation that one finds in Chepstow and where I lived for over thirty years[/quote]

No fear dragonrouge!  The middle bit - the lovely Taff Valley accent[:)]

Twinkle I have been away for years but two weeks ago I went back to Porth and saw someone that I went to school with and his opening remark were 'Ken its a little time since I have seen you what are you doing know?' 'Do you still play darts and how is the cricket going?'  I am now 64.

Katie I tried to get from Trebanog to my late Father's family in Ynyshir and got lost.  Twynewydd Square and all of that was lost in the mist of time as was Loves the (I was going to say Butcher) but meant hairdresser that cut my hair before I got married in the English Cong.  Short haircuts were in fashion then but I know need all that I have to cover gaps that are appearing at a rapid rate.  Obviously Long Meadow is the English for Ynyshir.

Sorry folks but in-house memories.

[quote user="raindog"]How could you tell? If he touched the ball down before his leg touched the flag it's a try. If his leg touched the flag first then it wasn't, but i'm b*ggered if I could tell, because they never stopped the video on the right frame.

[/quote]

From what I saw of the replays his left toe appeared to hit the ground outside the line and kick up a small divot before he toched the ball down.

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="raindog"]How could you tell? If he touched the ball down before his leg touched the flag it's a try. If his leg touched the flag first then it wasn't, but i'm b*ggered if I could tell, because they never stopped the video on the right frame.

[/quote]

From what I saw of the replays his left toe appeared to hit the ground outside the line and kick up a small divot before he toched the ball down.

[/quote]

Ah, I thought you meant the flag - I didn't see his foot in touch myself. Anyway it's swings and roundabouts with ref decisions.

I'm with powerdesal on this. There was a wee puff of white dust and I immediately said that he was out. The TMO either saw a different angle for the actual timing of the foot and the touch down or he missed the foot (which I very much doubt). Either way, it was given and TBH Scotland didnt really deserve a win.

On the issue of deserving wins - while I didnt see the match - what is the general view of the unlucky Italians [;-)][;-)]

As for raindogs swings and roundabouts comment - maybe - but for sure it looks that way but the great thing about rugby is that the VAST majority of those involved at all levels, and this includes spectators, just accept these decisions and get on with it. They cant always get it right but to be sure they do their utmost to get it right.

Twynewydd Square and all of that was lost in the mist of time as was Loves the (I was going to say Butcher) but meant hairdresser that cut my hair before I got married in the English Cong.  [/quote]

Translation?

On 2nd thoughts, don't bother!

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]

On the issue of deserving wins - while I didnt see the match - what is the general view of the unlucky Italians [;-)][;-)]

[/quote]

Well ............. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they were unlucky. To me, they weren't any more deserving to win than your guys vs the French yesterday.

We were pretty good in the 1st half and pretty poor in the 2nd, but I never felt that we deserved to lose the game, nor did I think that we were seriously close to it.  The problem for us is that our back row (traditionally a strength) isn't really functioning and that tends to expose any shortcomings in the rest of the pack.

Scotland though - dire.  No hope, no ideas, no talent. 

Wales - this bloke Gatland has the 'touch' to turn a good but often-underachieving side in to Grand Slam winners.  If the next two matches go to form, then the very last in Cardiff (vs France) will be a cracker.

Hang on - if Italy had 2 or 3 backs of the same quality as their forwards they would've creamed us. They were showing the stats of all the Italy/England games since they were included in the 6 nations and it started out with an 80 point difference in the first game, coming down to 4 points today with all stations in between. So either Italy have improved massively or England have crashed downhill, or it's something in between. What do you think?