Walking in the Pyrenees

I'm looking to take a two night stay in the Pyrenees so that we can go walking and sightseeing.  When I say walking I mean a walk of perhaps 2 hours followed by lunch and then perhaps 1 or 2 hours after lunch rather than serious day long walking.  I'm looking for a nice small hotel/auberge with access to good food nearby.  We are based in Montreal du Gers so ideally would like to just head south and maybe a little East which should take us south/south east of Tarbes perhaps.  Can anyone please suggest somewhere for me to start my search - more the area for walking I suppose as there are so many areas to choose from.

What about Gavarnie? South of Lourdes.

You can walk up to the Cirque de Gavarnie (UNESCO registered and well-worth the walk) in about 2 hours (round trip) if I remember correctly (not a very difficult walk) and there's quite a few hotels in the village itself.

I suspect there will also be other walks in the area though up to the Cirque is the only one I've done. I can't recommend any places to stay or eat as personally I've not used any of them, but if you search for Cirque de Gavarnie on Google you'll get results. eg www.gavarnie.com is the official Tourist office site

Hope that helps

Lou