good quality overnight hotels

Yvonne

Has anyone found a good quality hotel for stop offs when travelling north to Calais with a baby in tow? We've tried Campanile, Kyriad, etc etc and they vary so much I dread arriving at them now as you never know what to expect. I presume this is because they tend to be franchised? Premier Inn in the Uk takes some beating so we've been spoiled! Does anyone know the French equivalent or even if it exists?? We need something near Rouen and near Orleans, not far from the motorway.

Hopefully,

Yvonne

We've used Etap for many overnight stays, but I'm not sure how I'd cope with a baby in one of their rooms. They're more of a budget option than the Ibis, in the same Accor group, are always very clean, with an en-suite shower "room" and toilet. They are usually outside the town centres, and you won't eat an evening meal there, but there's generally something like a Buffalo Grill nearby. Breakfast is help-yourself "french". Unlike Ibis there isn't someone on site all the time, but generally about booking-in time. In short we've always found them good value, if a little basic - avoid Formule 1 - awful!

FairyNuff

Thanks for everyones advise. I had thought about chambres d'hotes but we dont want to stray too far from the motorway, I'll have a look at the site. In the meantime we'll consider the other options, someone also suggested interhotel group? In the meantime I'll look forward to the day premier inn cross the channel!

Thanks,

Yvonne