Masonic Lodges

WendyG

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Russethouse"]

If you are going to resort to picking up spelling and English errors perhaps you need to be reminded that the spelling is hypocritical

Perhaps it would be better to stick to the topic, or let it drop. (I think I heard a cheer from the whole forum !!![:)][:)])

[/quote]

But I was not trying to appear perfect and acknowledge my many faults. But why pick on my retort to Gluesticks nitpicking?

Just had to offer you this from the Urban Dictionary on the word 'hipocritical' it made me laugh.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipocritical

It would be sad if this thread petered out, many people enjoy it and we get to see how Masons deport themselves and learn from them.

If you don't like this thread there are plenty of others or why not start your own!

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Dog"]

I would like to draw your attention to that fact that you have again misquoted me and suggest that I use foul language. This is completely untrue and a deliberate attempt at besmirching my reputation.

[/quote]

It was my word not yours but it means the same thing, your just playing games yet again. Just to put you right yet again...

"To take the p*ss is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule or scoff." (Source OED)

I just wonder how long you would have continued to lie and deny had I not known exactly what you said?

Smoke and mirrors comes to mind, yet again.

Apologise to you, of course I would (however much I despise you) but only if you were right and I were wrong. So in this case you have a long wait.

[/quote]

Thanks but I know exactly what that phrase means and while you may use it at the Lodge it's not a phrase you would find me using, especially on a forum and one that women read. Using bad language doesn't make you look clever and shows a lack of vocabulary.

I am surprised that a moderator would use such foul language and attempt to put the words into someone elses mouth.

It is nothing to do with smoke and mirrors it's about misquoting my posts.

I didn't lie - it's open and obvious for anyone to see.

It may have escaped your memory but you have omitted to furnish the quote I asked for where you posted about Masonic history being lies. I apologise if I haven't got that entirely right but once you repost it we can all see exactly what you said. It shouldn't take you a jot to find it.

Why would you despise me that's hardly a very nice thing to say?

I feel quite sorry for you - what level/degree did you achieve within the Masons ?- I guess no where near as high as Gluestick with his eloquence.

PS How long do you keep deleted threads?

If we had one I'd have used it, perhaps Clair can find one......

I thought I'd have a look at some other French forums and would you believe it theres another long, ill tempered thread on the same topic!

If it wasn't that we have a building section I'd add the word Mason to the banned list ![6][6]

I thought I'd have a look at some other French forums and would you believe it theres another long, ill tempered thread on the same topic!

If it wasn't that we have a building section I'd add the word Mason to the banned list ![6][6]

[/quote]

[:D]

[/quote]

Ho ho ho you do have a well developed sense of humour!

Where is this forum RH? Is Q up to his tricks elsewhere? Is he masquerading under another name?

Where are these ill tempered threads surely you don't think it's here? Most of us are good humoured pleasant polite people with an inquiring mind.

The pro-Masons and others seem to have turned this thread into a very personal and agitated discussion for reasons only known to themselves.

It seems the Masons say they are prepared to let just about anyone in as long as they believe in a supreme being.

Most people that believe in a supreme being are religious in the common sense but few religions endorse FreeMasonry.

Here are some quotes from various religions on Freemasonry.

Baptist leaders have referred to Freemasonry as “an ungodly brotherhood of satanic darkness”; “there is an inherent incompatibility between Masonry and the Christian faith”; “there is a great danger that the Christian Mason may find himself compromising his allegiance to Jesus.” (The Baptist Union of Scotland, 1965).

Lutherans say “Masonry amounts to idolatry.” (Missouri Synod, 1959).

Presbyterians “Masonry is a religious institution and as such is definitely anti-Christian.” (General Assembly, Rochester, 1942).

Methodists “There is a great danger that the Christian who becomes a Freemason will find himself compromising his Christian beliefs. Methodists should not become Masons.” (General Assembly, London, 1985).

The Church of England “A number of very fundamental reasons to question the compatibility of Freemasonry with Christianity.” (General Synod, London, 1987 ~ where several members of the committee were Masons!).

Russian Orthodox Church “Any Orthodox who joins Masonry loses all the right and privileges of his membership in the Church.” (Strange Altars, Acker).

These are just a few of the views of Christian Churches.

Perhaps Q or Glue can furnish us with some endorsements from religious groups that favour Masonry?

Yes, and with the hide of a Rhino to boot !

I suspect Q is busy working, he does happen to have a fairly successful business you know [:)]

[/quote]

You should have used the wynkin smiley there somewhere, RH! [:D]

yawn

Yes, and with the hide of a Rhino to boot !

I suspect Q is busy working, he does happen to have a fairly successful business you know [:)]

[/quote]

So not as thick as an elephants?

I thought Q had a B&B? Why do you say fairly successful - does he have problems? I could help him out if he has pecuniary problems,

Oh the dizzy heights gained through his masonic contacts and his personal development!

I guess we should give him some slack to clean up and change the sheets - lol.

Good grief Dog, Some of those quotes are older than me !!![;-)]

Hasn't the church got enough to worry about in its own 'house' without worrying what others are up to, or not?

[/quote]

Just as no one writes you off for your age and your beauty -  sincerity increases with age -  neither should we disregard statements purely on a time basis and don't forget Masons love to quote really old history. A truth is a truth age is immaterial.

I don't like to speak on Q's behalf,  he can boast for himself [;-)]

OK, enough about Masons, when I was a teenager I went with my best friend and her family to a 'Ladies night' run by the Buffalo's - who are they?

And later my insurance agency (who actually turned out to be so dishonest he now appears in insurance text books and turns up on test papers) had his officeabove a place called 'Oddfellows Hall' - who are the Oddfellows ?

I don't like to speak on Q's behalf,  he can boast for himself [;-)]

OK, enough about Masons, when I was a teenager I went with my best friend and her family to a 'Ladies night' run by the Buffalo's - who are they?

And later my insurance agency (who actually turned out to be so dishonest he now appears in insurance text books and turns up on test papers) had his officeabove a place called 'Oddfellows Hall' - who are the Oddfellows ?

[/quote]

As far as I know and from my own experience they are wannabe Masons but without the power to manipulate the sytem. They were as far as I met them working class whereas the Masons were all either rich business owners, lawyers or landed gentry.

Just a wake up call Q - I am awaiting your quote about freemasonry and lies.

Failing to furnish this may be seen to be less than honest and show bias on your behalf.

I was impressed that you could find my quotes from deleted threads surely you can just find this one of your own?

If you are too busy in the B&B I understand but you have been making posts elsewhere.