Masonic Lodges

WendyG

ANTI Mason? What on earth gave you the idea I am anti! I am anti some people making ridiculous statements about their lack of influence and power, their strange rituals, about Masons not asking others to join when it suits, and about Masons never using their membership for personal advancement and discrimination - that does not make me ANTI - just would like a bit of honesty!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is silly to believe (and I am sure you do not) that they would give me the answers. It is even more silly to think that I do not know the answers! If you are lurking in the shadows elsewhere, at least have the decency to make yourself known.

[quote user="Swissie"]It is silly to believe (and I am sure you do not) that they would give me the answers. It is even more silly to think that I do not know the answers! If you are lurking in the shadows elsewhere, at least have the decency to make yourself known.
[/quote]

You amaze me!! BTW, I look in on many forums, as do you & they are public forums. That means I don't need to post or make myself known on any of them or even be a member. I do hope that is OK with you.

[quote user="Swissie"]And you live in lala land. And you expect me to believe you stand for openess and truth - perhaps rather typical (and even sillier).
[/quote]

OFGS!! If that is aimed at me, you can believe what the hell you like, you do anyway. BTW, I'm NOT a mason, you silly person!

Sorry Russethouse, pull away. I am!

At least it's RH waving the yellow flag and good for her! That's a footballist term isn't it?

I truly believe the Masons do not want these type of threads to see the light of day and goad people into making personal insults.

I would implore all posters not to get personal so we can learn more about these people and the way they use society to their own ends.

Just so you are clear Dog (and anyone else) the only Mason I have ever knowingly known is a man referred to as 'Uncle Jack' who actually wasn't my Uncle at all but the husband of a cousin of  my mothers, half sisters, father. I met him about 3 times, he died before I was 10.

Whatever I do on this thread has nothing to do with Masons and everything to do with the smooth running of this forum.

Not really Dog, we kept in touch with the widow and I believe she lived her last days either in a Masonic retirement home or in a home part funded by the Masons ( I was too young to take much notice) But maybe it was something like this :

http://www.housingcare.org/housing-care/provider-10533-royal-masonic-benevolent-institution.aspx

The lady who lived next door was the widow of a Mason and they contributed to the cost of her daughters  education at Haberdasher Askes.

I'm sure I've said all this before.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Not really Dog, we kept in touch with the widow and I believe she lived her last days either in a Masonic retirement home or in a home part funded by the Masons ( I was too young to take much notice) But maybe it was something like this :

http://www.housingcare.org/housing-care/provider-10533-royal-masonic-benevolent-institution.aspx

The lady who lived next door was the widow of a Mason and they contributed to the cost of her daughters  education at Haberdasher Askes.

I'm sure I've said all this before.

[/quote]

You have indeed, RH. In your normal unbiased and factual manner.

On another minor aspect, all widows and elderly dependants and even elderly freemasons who have been granted aid this year have automatically been sent a further £125 to assist with their heating bills this Winter: every single one, throughout the English constitution.

That is a not insignificant sum in total.

I shall not participate any further in this thread, since it is obvious, both Dog and Odille/Swissie have some personal internal venom eating away at their souls.

One comment, however is demanded: if these two members had banged on in this and any number of other threads as they have, excoriating persons and groups of persons and an organisation in the manner they have, and that group had been, say Muslims, Jews or  Homosexuals, then understandably, the forum publishers and the writers would probably have been charged with Hate Crimes under current UK and french law.

Dog is big on insinuation of devious behaviour and practises: yet rather short on fact, truth and actuality.

Which is, of course, the prototypical result of basing a perspective on myth, rumour and internet conspiracy sources.

It reminds me more and more of the wondrous Python Architect sketch!

"I almost got in at Wembley! I have a secondhand apron! I'll sit at the back and not say anything!"

[:)]

You are quite right RH, Masonic OAP homes are excellent and very well run. Masons do look after their elderly very well indeed and do help with costs, etc. I regularly visited the one near us over a period of 35 years and it was excellent. This is not in question at all. Neither is the fact they they do organise many charitable works.

I think you are being a bit of a drama queen  with your comments Gluestick. Yes he steps over the mark quite often, but most things Dog spouts should be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt, Swissie, to me always seems and sounds perfectly reasonable, and personally just because people don't like the way  masons operate, to insinuate that their opinions are akin to racism is paranoia of the highest order. Normally,when people play the race card without any basis it usually means their argument is weak. [:P]

[quote user="NickP"]

I think you are being a bit of a drama queen  with your comments Gluestick. Yes he steps over the mark quite often, but most things Dog spouts should be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt, Swissie, to me always seems and sounds perfectly reasonable, and personally just because people don't like the way  masons operate, to insinuate that their opinions are akin to racism is paranoia of the highest order. Normally,when people play the race card without any basis it usually means their argument is weak. [:P]

[/quote]

Sadly, you obviously didn't track earlier threads in which, for example, Dog stated a very visible and senior British Freemason was a criminal.

Etc.

Thus his trend is not a new phenomenon.

You will not find any of the earlier threads since the Mods eventually closed them: for good cause and reason..

Now if Dog, or indeed any other person wishes to attack a person,  group, or organisation, then they ought to do so visibly and directly to those people and/or organisation: rather than perpetually snipe, sneer and excoriate those who in the main are incapable of defending themselves; incapable, only since they are not involved in and enjoy access to such attack.

Sorry: I totally fail to understand what you are talking about vis a vis "racism"?

What on earth and where on earth does this figure??

[8-)]

Exactly RH and when they ask for information and its given you are told your wrong so whats the point, best left well alone. Frankly after following the factual press over the last year I would be more concerned about a catholic priest knocking on my door than I would a mason especially if I had kids. [;-)] Now theres a real life conspiracy ever there was one and it's not theory either. [:D]

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="NickP"]

[/quote]

Sadly, you obviously didn't track earlier threads in which, for example, Dog stated a very visible and senior British Freemason was a criminal.

Etc.

Thus his trend is not a new phenomenon.

You will not find any of the earlier threads since the Mods eventually closed them: for good cause and reason..

Now if Dog, or indeed any other person wishes to attack a person,  group, or organisation, then they ought to do so visibly and directly to those people and/or organisation: rather than perpetually snipe, sneer and excoriate those who in the main are incapable of defending themselves; incapable, only since they are not involved in and enjoy access to such attack.

Sorry: I totally fail to understand what you are talking about vis a vis "racism"?

What on earth and where on earth does this figure??

[8-)]

[/quote]

Me thinks you do complain too much - which criminal Mason was I referring to there have been lots of them in recent years?

When I was in UK I saw how Masons deported themselves and how they had positions of power and could make ones life difficult if they so wanted. It would have been ridiculous as an individual to attempt to stand up to such a large organisation and I had much to loose.

I now don't live in UK and am unlikely to have my life made difficult by them - so I feel free to critize and voice my opinion. If the Masons are squeaky clean they should have nothing to worry about - but somehow they are very touchy and very suspicious.

This is a public forum you make your outrageous claims and dismiss reality and history and claim I do the same - it is for others to decide which reality they want to believe. You believe what the Masons have taught you, everything I read of it smacks of being similar to Scientology or some manufactured modern religion. At least when I discuss religion with Muslims, Hindus, Budhists etc they make humble, full open and honest replies and don't go off the deep end if I criticize or find there beliefs difficult to understand or believe.

I am sure most people do not want to be told what to do and believe by a member of organised, secret powerful group that are fundamentally interested in their own agenda.

Surely if Masons were more open and honest and a register was made we could all see the professions involved in public postions and just how many ethnics are members. They already exclude women for instance.

Apart from a register of masons in public service it would be useful if there was an independent body to look at complaints against Masons with some power to act - rather than at the moment Masons self policing internally. The public are not even told if serious criminals in senior masonic positions are thrown out after being found guilty in criminal courts.

It isn't just me that is worried about Masonic lodges Senior policemen want to curb them - do you call crazy conspiracists too?

Gluestick wrote "Sorry: I totally fail to understand what you are talking about vis a vis "racism"?

What on earth and where on earth does this figure"

My comment was about  implied racism.

Your comment was

"One comment, however is demanded: if these two members had banged on in this and any number of other threads as they have, excoriating persons and groups of persons and an organisation in the manner they have, and that group had been, say Muslims, Jews or Homosexuals, then understandably, the forum publishers and the writers would probably have been charged with Hate Crimes under current UK and french law."

In my opinion you are implying that the two people involved were acting in a "racist type" manner. If not, why mention Jews & Muslims, you also chucked in homosexuals another cheap shot. After all the other persons never mentioned any of these, their gripe was about masons.