Masonic Lodges

WendyG

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Polly"][quote user="Gluestick"]

Thus one is compelled to assume, Polly, you are an anti-monarchist, are wholly against women serving in the military and didn't take kindly to Brownies and Guides?

[:D]

[/quote]

I'm not quite sure how you got there (or, rather, felt compelled to get there), with or without a smilie!
[/quote]

'Cos you said, Polly:

[quote]It beats me why any sensible woman would want to join an organisation to dress up and perform ceremonies - but then I can't stand amdram either!

[/quote]

And HM The Queen is part of a rigid and strict organisation, dresses up and performs quaint archaic ceremonies: as do soldiers, sailors and airmen; Brownies, Girl Guides and Scouts.

And loads of others: including Livery Companies, Freeman of Cities: mayors; Town Cryers; Morris Dancers; archaic functioneries in the Palace of Westminster and so on.

All part of Britain's rich cultural heritage: and long may it continue!

[/quote]

It isn't a rich cultural history it is modern make believe - in the Victorian age they just loved to invent silly ceremonies and liked to dress up and invent a history to go with it. It is ridiculous and should be seen for what it is - pompous, puerile prancing around.

Why is that Masons will do anything but answer straight questions and always give evasive answers?

It must be incredibly strange to be a Mason they seem to know all sorts of conspiracy theories and offer many suggestions to deflect any inspection or criticism to hide exactly what they are up to. 

They further manufacture a benign camoflage by drawing inconsistant parallels with other organisations and clubs.

I would be throughly ashamed if I was a Mason to use such tactics and treat the rest of society with such distain.

Perhaps if the Masons were to be compared to other organisations it should be to organisations such as the Hells Angels, organised crime and the Mafia.

[quote user="Polly"]Morris dancing is a physical activity, not a ceremony. You could have added golf to your list - and I don't play that either!

[/quote]

Polly sit back and see how you are being lead away from the subject further and further by diversionary tactics taught in Masonic circles.

Polly you should be glad not to do any of the activities involved but don't be missguided and mislead.

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Polly"][quote user="Gluestick"]

Thus one is compelled to assume, Polly, you are an anti-monarchist, are wholly against women serving in the military and didn't take kindly to Brownies and Guides?

[/quote]

I'm not quite sure how you got there (or, rather, felt compelled to get there), with or without a smilie!
[/quote]

'Cos you said, Polly:

[quote]It beats me why any sensible woman would want to join an organisation to dress up and perform ceremonies - but then I can't stand amdram either!

[/quote]

And HM The Queen is part of a rigid and strict organisation, dresses up and performs quaint archaic ceremonies: as do soldiers, sailors and airmen; Brownies, Girl Guides and Scouts.

And loads of others: including Livery Companies, Freeman of Cities: mayors; Town Cryers; Morris Dancers; archaic functioneries in the Palace of Westminster and so on.

[/quote]

It isn't a rich cultural history it is modern make believe - in the Victorian age they just loved to invent silly ceremonies and liked to dress up and invent a history to go with it. It is ridiculous and should be seen for what it is - pompous, puerile prancing around.

Why is that Masons will do anything but answer straight questions and always give evasive answers?

It must be incredibly strange to be a Mason they seem to know all sorts of conspiracy theories and offer many suggestions to deflect any inspection or criticism to hide exactly what they are up to. 

They further manufacture a benign camoflage by drawing inconsistant parallels with other organisations and clubs.

I would be throughly ashamed if I was a Mason to use such tactics and treat the rest of society with such distain.

Perhaps if the Masons were to be compared to other organisations it should be to organisations such as the Hells Angels, organised crime and the Mafia.

[/quote]

Dog: your ignorance is only excelled by the total nonsense you write.

Victorian indeed..................

Now a little proper research would instantly show you how wrong you are.

Far too much to hope for naturally...........

[quote user="Ceejay"]Dog is Dog = very anti masonry. I seem to remember that a similar thread was closed down some time ago due to the unseemly intervention of said person.
[/quote]

And not forgetting Swissie, who started this off again & on a thread that was started in 2006!! [blink]

[quote user="JayJay"]

[quote user="Ceejay"]Dog is Dog = very anti masonry. I seem to remember that a similar thread was closed down some time ago due to the unseemly intervention of said person.
[/quote]

And not forgetting Swissie, who started this off again & on a thread that was started in 2006!! [blink]

[/quote]

Probably because she has recently discovered that around 80% of the Huguenots living in London were in fact mason's. If she didn't then she should try doing a bit of research in that direction. Its all there on the web if you look. There are still several  Huguenot lodges in existance in London and list of members past and present are available in Grand Lodge under the Freedom of Information act.

Not at all JayJay - I simply responded about a question from Wendy re. Masons in France and recommended a recent book by French woman on Masonry, without any comments, good or bad. Her question seems to have disappeared, no idea why.

Q. very aware of Huguenot connections, thank you.

[/quote]

I may be anti Masonic but I disagree with your personal attack. This is after all what Masons do when all the other subterfuge doesn't work.

I think others will disagree to and many know exactly why.

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Dog"][quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Polly"][quote user="Gluestick"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

'Cos you said, Polly:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dog: your ignorance is only excelled by the total nonsense you write.

Victorian indeed..................

Now a little proper research would instantly show you how wrong you are.

Far too much to hope for naturally...........

[/quote]

This would seem to be the way Masons treat non Masons.

I cannot believe the way you chose to belittle and make personal attacks without any basis, if you disagree with what I posted have the common decency to make a proper reply.

[quote user="Dog"]

I cannot believe the way you chose to belittle and make personal attacks without any basis, if you disagree with what I posted have the common decency to make a proper reply.

[/quote]

Far from being a "Personal Attack" it was merely a pragmatic observation.

And the basis was and is simply your track record on this forum in writing endless diatribes which obviously massage your personal misplaced, fallacious and ignorant obsession.

A number of us have tried, rather patiently, previously, to respond to your endless vitriolic and accerbic nonsense, with no sensible conclusion..

Thus it has proven pointless to "Make a proper reply", when you simply always revert with another series of Ad Hom attacks on an organisation and its members you quite obviously know little about: but still endlessly regurgitate the condensed fantasies of fringe internet conspiracy theorists.

[quote user="Dog"]

[quote user="Polly"]Morris dancing is a physical activity, not a ceremony. You could have added golf to your list - and I don't play that either!

[/quote]

Polly sit back and see how you are being lead away from the subject further and further by diversionary tactics taught in Masonic circles.

Polly you should be glad not to do any of the activities involved but don't be missguided and mislead.

[/quote]

Go back to my first post in this thread and see where I lead the thread off-topic, and how some other contributors followed.

Following your theory you might conclude that I am a mason using diversionary tactics. My dear Dog, you would be barking up the wrong tree!

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

Far from being a "Personal Attack" it was merely a pragmatic observation.

And the basis was and is simply your track record on this forum in writing endless diatribes which obviously massage your personal misplaced, fallacious and ignorant obsession.

A number of us have tried, rather patiently, previously, to respond to your endless vitriolic and accerbic nonsense, with no sensible conclusion..

Thus it has proven pointless to "Make a proper reply", when you simply always revert with another series of Ad Hom attacks on an organisation and its members you quite obviously know little about: but still endlessly regurgitate the condensed fantasies of fringe internet conspiracy theorists.

[/quote]

I will never get a sensible conclusion it would seem as Masons just won't enter dialogue or given reasons for their rewriting of history.

If you know it all please share? Which regurgitated fantasies are you referring to? Surely not that the Masons are a force for good?

If your previous reply isn't a personal attack I must be an elephant.

The more I learn of Masons and their behaviour the more I am spurred to oppose this subversive organisation.

[quote user="Dog"]

If your previous reply isn't a personal attack I must be an elephant.

[/quote]

Highly apposite suggestion: from henceforth you shall be known as Nelly! [:D]

And the sooner you pack your trunk and head off for Mandalay on this topic the better for all concerned.

[quote user="Dog"]

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199899/cmselect/cmhaff/467/46703.htm

I am sure the Masons will call this out of date and a nearly clean bill of health but reading this carefully and between the lines it show the Masons in their real light and why they should be registered when in public jobs.

[/quote]

When one sets out to excoriate a person, group of people or organisation, then it is a rather good first step to enjoy absolute and undeniable fact, forming a core part of one's argument.

You earlier suggested that Freemasonry skewed history: you have just proven rather convincingly, that you yourself are incapable of researching fact and updating a supposition with state-of-the-art knowledge.

And always, Dog your long on accerbic critique and posturing: but short on fact.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2009/nov/05/jack-straw-judges-masons

"………….told the London Grand Rank Association centenary dinner that Grand Lodge had persuaded Justice Secretary Jack Straw to withdraw his 1998 Ministerial Instruction requiring judges, magistrates and others involved in the criminal justice system, as a condition of accepting appointments and promotions, to declare whether or not they were Freemasons. 

Straw’s letter only referred to judges and magistrates, but the Board of General Purposes has gone back to him to ensure that the same instruction no longer applies to the police or the prison and probation services.

Mr Straw’s letter stated that the instruction was being withdrawn as no evidence had been produced to show that a judge or a magistrate being a Freemason had had any affect on their carrying out their judicial roles, therefore the instruction was not proportionate. The reality is that he had no choice to withdraw it.

In the last seven years, the European Court of Human Rights has heard three cases relating to Freemasons in public office or public employment. They have made two very significant rulings from those cases.

First, they ruled that Freemasonry is neither a secret society nor a criminal or illegal organisation. Secondly, they have ruled that in a modern democracy it is discriminatory to require anyone accepting public office or public employment to declare whether or not they are Freemasons.

With that case law as backing, the Board was more than willing to seek a judicial review if Mr. Straw had not withdrawn the instruction. The European Court rulings apply to all public bodies, and the Board has stated that they will be willing to investigate and take forward any cases of such discrimination which are brought to its attention."

And no doubt now, Dog, you will sally forth with your next proposal that the European Court is of course comprised wholly of freemasons!

What a sad, deluded man you are!

To get back to the original question.

There are three main masonic organisations in France. The biggest is the Grand Orient, the next two, which I believe are roughly equal in membership are the Grand Loge de France (GLF) and the Grand Loge National Français (GLNF).

The latter one, GLNF is the only one recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE) and as such is the only one that members of english lodges are authorised to visit.

They will undoubtedly have lodges in the Chinon/Saumer area. A visit to the Hotel de Ville in either town would probably be the best way of finding out where they meet or you could contact the headquarters in Paris.   http://www.glnf.fr

Hope this helps,

cheminot

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Dog"]

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199899/cmselect/cmhaff/467/46703.htm

I am sure the Masons will call this out of date and a nearly clean bill of health but reading this carefully and between the lines it show the Masons in their real light and why they should be registered when in public jobs.

[/quote]

When one sets out to excoriate a person, group of people or organisation, then it is a rather good first step to enjoy absolute and undeniable fact, forming a core part of one's argument.

You earlier suggested that Freemasonry skewed history: you have just proven rather convincingly, that you yourself are incapable of researching fact and updating a supposition with state-of-the-art knowledge.

And always, Dog your long on accerbic critique and posturing: but short on fact.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2009/nov/05/jack-straw-judges-masons

"………….told the London Grand Rank Association centenary dinner that Grand Lodge had persuaded Justice Secretary Jack Straw to withdraw his 1998 Ministerial Instruction requiring judges, magistrates and others involved in the criminal justice system, as a condition of accepting appointments and promotions, to declare whether or not they were Freemasons. 

Straw’s letter only referred to judges and magistrates, but the Board of General Purposes has gone back to him to ensure that the same instruction no longer applies to the police or the prison and probation services.

Mr Straw’s letter stated that the instruction was being withdrawn as no evidence had been produced to show that a judge or a magistrate being a Freemason had had any affect on their carrying out their judicial roles, therefore the instruction was not proportionate. The reality is that he had no choice to withdraw it.

In the last seven years, the European Court of Human Rights has heard three cases relating to Freemasons in public office or public employment. They have made two very significant rulings from those cases.

First, they ruled that Freemasonry is neither a secret society nor a criminal or illegal organisation. Secondly, they have ruled that in a modern democracy it is discriminatory to require anyone accepting public office or public employment to declare whether or not they are Freemasons.

With that case law as backing, the Board was more than willing to seek a judicial review if Mr. Straw had not withdrawn the instruction. The European Court rulings apply to all public bodies, and the Board has stated that they will be willing to investigate and take forward any cases of such discrimination which are brought to its attention."

And no doubt now, Dog, you will sally forth with your next proposal that the European Court is of course comprised wholly of freemasons!

What a sad, deluded man you are!

[/quote]

I didn't say everything in that link was true and as usual you are off on a tangent inventing another conspiracy theory.

If anyone is short on facts it isn't me - you haven't made any factual replies or disproved the perceived history of pageantry or named the god you worship.

Facts are sadly lacking from Masons.

This is the best attempt at humour I have seen yet.

You are even falling into making typos... you must be slightly human after all...

If I said you were sad and deluded it would be a personal attack but then I don't have a brother with his hand on the kill button.

I don't believe it, the two anti masons banging on about them on two forums now. [blink] Here, this is for the pair of you.... http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1266/974805/ShowPost.aspx#974805 So you can change the damn record! [6]

OR.....how about asking your questions & putting your points of view here http://www.thefreemason.com/community/  or here http://forum.mastermason.com/