France v China

Oh dear, lol.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/401445-france-vs-china-2010-fifa-world-cup-warm-up-report

Having said that, France stands a much better chance of progressing further in the tournament compared to England. Their squad is far superior to England's who possess probably only two world class players, the rest being mostly average.

I just hope for a good tournament and will be rooting for the Yanks and Aussies this time, not that I think either will get particularly far.

I think it will be Spain or Germany to win. The Dutch are a good outside bet too.

• 2 weeks later...
Being a Non-Fan I have not watched any of it, however with obsessed sons back in UK its hard to avoid.

To this end I have sent an Allez France shirt for my granddaughter to wear instead of the england shirt her dad insists on - that way she will have a longer interest in the competition won't she?

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Oh dear, lol.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/401445-france-vs-china-2010-fifa-world-cup-warm-up-report

Having said that, France stands a much better chance of progressing further in the tournament compared to England. Their squad is far superior to England's who possess probably only two world class players, the rest being mostly average.

I just hope for a good tournament and will be rooting for the Yanks and Aussies this time, not that I think either will get particularly far.

I think it will be Spain or Germany to win. The Dutch are a good outside bet too.[/quote]

mmmmm, did the French world class players miss the plane to SA? No, there aren't any. :-)

Come on England, a much better display today, bring it on Germany!

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Well, on paper, France had a better squad than England...[/quote]

Shame the piece of paper couldn't play then. By the way bad week for the poor old Ausies lost to the Poms at Rugby lost to the Poms in the one day international, all together now ahhh. [:D]

[quote user="bubbles"]Are you allowed to say Poms, Nick? pc and all that.[/quote]

Certainly can bubbles, especially as I is one, and we Poms have just beat the Aussies again in the second one day international.[:D]

Not just beaten but thrashed!

The second 4 wicket victory in a row and the 7th consecutive ODI win

Who was the Aussie captain whsaid, not so long ago, that they (the Aussies) should bring their own opposition with them so they could get a decent game?

Oh how things have changed!

Have the Aussies won any major sporting events recently?

They finished above the world champions, Italy.

Not bad for a country with a population of 4 million.

Yeah, Australia are having a lull at the moment, but I don't think England has that much to crow about, especially in cricket. How many of the last 10 Ashes tests has England won for example?

"A false etymology (or "backronym") popularly believed in Australia and New Zealand is that 'Pom' originated as an acronym for "prisoner of (his/her) majesty", "prisoner of mother England". Although many of the first British settlers in Australia were convicts sentenced to transportation to Australia, there is no evidence for this. Some proponents of this theory claim that upon arrival in the country they would be given a uniform with "POHM" or "POME" emblazoned on the back, which apparently stood for Prisoners Of Maidenhead Prison but there are no images or examples of these uniforms."  (Wikipedia)