Ferrari and the "rule book" - nothing changes

Iceni

FIA = Ferrari International Association! So much for the rules & punishment, it stinks yet again. Considering how Alonso won a race before, we should be happy that Massa didn't have to crash out for FA to get the win.

The paltry fine is only the start....

The race stewards imposed their local fine for breach of article 39.1 concerning team orders but referred the more serious charge under article 151.c of bringing the sport into disrepute to the WMSC who have much greater powers of sanction, as per MacLaren during the 'spygate' affair.

As Ferrari have accepted the stewards' ruling without entering a protest, they will find it difficult to deny that team orders were given when they are called before the WMSC.....[;-)]

Ferrari are the team I love to see beat since Schumachers shinanigans, Alonso was once admirable, but not since he has become a petulant whinging spaniard; Massa, shame, didn't he ever have a chat with Barrichello, one can only hope to see this dirty team trounced again; have they lost contact with the real world, and the reason this rule was introduced, they need to have a penalty a bit worse than pay points?!.

If Alonso was faster then obviously he could have over taken Massa. So I hope they give the win to Massa and 2nd to Alonso. Totally agree with the comments re Alonso, yes a talented driver but what a whinger I bet he squeems and squeems til he get shis own way

In a true Drivers championship result it is for the drivers to prove their ability to win, a great move at the start by Massa was subsequently emasculated by negotiation on the phone; anything advantage gained in this manner is against the rules and should not just be reversed but removed from the points, perhaps then the 'team' will learn that it is a driving championship most spectatators pay to watch, not a board game. 

If the rules are going to be nothing but a small fine people like ferrari are going to do it again & again.

I know its not Massas problem atall he was basically told to move over by the team and had no choice really as they are the boss.

Strip Alonso of his points and that will hurt them as thats what needs to be done to stop this sort of thing from happening.Alonso had no problem with getting by when told to did he? As they say points mean prizes!

Well as you said please,

Massa was in the lead, Alonso was second and Vettel was begining to catch up Alonso. Massa was told by his race engineer that Alonso was faster than he and the next thing Alonso had a very easy pass on Massa (Massa slowed and made it vey easy). This is a direct contravention of the current rules (Team orders) to advatage Alonso in the points for world championship. The matter was further confirmed by Massa's race engineer saying sorry after he let Alonso pass.

The poison dwarf spoke about ferarri,

It wasn't team orders, they are all on the same team so the team were just doing what any team would do. The "no team orders" rule according to Bernie is to stop different teams colluding against another, yeh right.

Lucky Rubens, that concrete wall ended when it did or there would have been a serious accident, everyones laughing at the ex champion Shumacher.

At last, Schuey has been punished though this would never had happened if he were still with Ferrari.

Disappointing to read that Brawn defends him whatever he has done.

Sadly I missed much of yesterday's race thanks to a giant thunderstorm being v close - wimp that I am I unplugged the box.

John