Lift to St Jean Pied de Port

mint

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Don't worry about the window G! If it is stained a bit of soap, water and some elbow grease will soon get it clean![:-))]
[/quote]

Très drôle, Jonz! And therein lies the problem - there is no stained glass window.  At some point it was damaged, removed and replaced with a clear (actually, filthy) pane of glass and that's what I have been raising money to replace.  The village is raising billions to renovate the church (11thC) and my little contribution is to raise enough money to replace the existing clear glass with something more 'digne' which will include the coquille St. Jacques symbol. €600 raised so far and that's just family and friends so as you can imagine, I can't let these good people down.  The weight of that responsibility weighs as much as my backpack!!

[quote user="Swissie"]Was that a hint Gem?  So tell us how do we contribute to your sponsorship?
[/quote]

Not at all, Swissie, in fact I haven't even approached the locals whose church it is.  Madame le Maire is going to tell the locals at the August 15th Messe and we'll see what the response is. Sponsorship started out as a joke - would I have the nerve to walk to SJdC with a Leclerc logo on my back?(answer, no) and then the idea of sponsorship became a reality when my family knew I was a member of the Church Restauration Committee and the idea of a stained glass window took form. It's also motivation to keep going when I get a bit wobbly.  That said, if anyone is interested in sponsoring, PM me and I'll be happy to give details.