CYCLING: BEST ONLINE RETAILERS?

Hi

In process of retiring to France (permanently resident in 86 from Summer 2012) and am attempting to stave off ageing - and greatly enjoying it - by cycling in the UK. Would like to buy a road/touring bike in France, for use there, before The Final Move. My present UK bike (bought 2010) is brilliant and was quite cheap: a Specialized Roubaix base model at £599. Does anyone have any recommendations for ANY cycling-related websites, including, most immediately, any recommended online retailers of bikes? My eventual location will be 86 Chauvigny.

Thanks and best wishes.

Without being disloyal to this forum, most serious cyclists seem to be on The France forum. But it seems a bit cliquey and not as broad based as this one, although that may be because I'm not very interested in cycling, photography or gloating about "my" football club. [:D]

I agree with Nick that there are other forums with more cycling interest. Try this one http://bit.ly/jbdcGn (I hope I'm allowed to do this!).

I brought my bike with me, it was handbuilt a long time ago (!) and of great sentimental value (I cry every time I try to go uphill [8-)])  but I've found that components and complete bikes are relatively expensive here. For complete bikes Decathlon do a good range.

Online businesses are nowhere near as competitive here as in the UK and (nearly) always with high delivery charges.