Paris - Nice

Friends of mine who are 'sad' in winter in autumn are pleased to see the lighter nights and sometimes slightly warmer days. Me, awkward as usual, I love autumn and winter and the dark early nights.

For those of you who prefer the spring, well it feels like it is on it's way.

B****y typical - they have gone past my front door (well, not quite but you know what I mean) and I'm in Suffolk watching my best friend of almost 50 years dying of cancer. But I'd rather be here.

Go, Paul Weller, go (and the rest of the Sky team of course).

John

[quote user="Clair"]The riders are just about to pass nearby.

They're having their lunch break in a village (... ahem, sorry, a very small town) not too far from us...

Edit @13:55: Off they go! [:)]

[/quote]

We were sitting in the sun outside a café in Maurs yesterday at 2.15 pm or so sipping coffee and watching them go by ... wonderful ... then yesterday evening a huge gaggle of migrating geese went overhead, heading north. Yes, spring is coming and I know why I like it here.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Araucaria"]We were sitting in the sun outside a café in Maurs yesterday...[/quote]

Lovely Maurs!

I don't go there often, but I love this little town. It has a very provincial charm.

[/quote]

I agree.

They have this lovely sign "Maurs - Nice du Cantal", so I was expecting the cyclists to stop there.

Is there a sign just outside Nice saying "Maurs du Midi" do you suppose?

[quote user="Mr Ice-ni"]

B****y typical - they have gone past my front door (well, not quite but you know what I mean) and I'm in Suffolk watching my best friend of almost 50 years dying of cancer. But I'd rather be here.

John

[/quote]

Dont envy you that... had to sit and watch mum,dad,younger brother and three aunts.,all lose their fights with cancer.... chin up and remember the good times

[quote user="bettyboop"][quote user="Mr Ice-ni"]

John

[/quote] Dont envy you that... had to sit and watch mum,dad,younger brother and three aunts.,all lose their fights with cancer.... chin up and remember the good times[/quote]Seconded.

My o/h has just come back from visiting his old schoolfriend in Suffolk also.  He died the morning after he left but he's so glad he went over when he did.  Good for you for being with him, John, Mr C and I feel for both you and him.  Grim times but your support will be appreciated.

[quote user="Araucaria"]They have this lovely sign "Maurs - Nice du Cantal"... Is there a sign just outside Nice saying "Maurs du Midi" do you suppose?[/quote]

Can't say I remember seeing one last time I was in Nice... Just as well, I think. Maurs is much more pleasant than Nice!

[quote user="Mr Ice-ni"]

John

[/quote]

Looking forward to watching this afternoon on FR3 - Bradley will hopefully finish well enough to be the final winner after tomorrow's time trial - one of the best of his career and maybe looking good for the Tour in July.

Brian (again)

[quote user="brianagain"] 

Bradley will hopefully finish well enough to be the final winner after tomorrow's time trial - one of the best of his career and maybe looking good for the Tour in July.

[/quote]

Not sure about Le Tour - I fear that Sky will split itself into nothingness by trying to win both yellow and green and return with neither. Then of course a week later we have the greatest waste of money London has ever seen and BW and MC will still be too out of puff to do well there either.

But what do I know, I'm not an overpaid pundit.

John

Given that Sky's goal was to win the Tour within 5 years, I guess that Brailsford will have to make a hard decision about team composition and who to support. However it's not so many years ago since Deutsche Telecom picked a team to support Ullrich for the win leaving Eric Zabel on his own in the sprints; he then went to win the Green jersey on his own anyway, and I'm sure Cavendish could still win without a train to lead him out.

Currently watching Tirreno-Adriatico on RAI S2 waiting for P-N to start on FR3.

Brian (again)

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Araucaria"]They have this lovely sign "Maurs - Nice du Cantal"... Is there a sign just outside Nice saying "Maurs du Midi" do you suppose?[/quote]
Can't say I remember seeing one last time I was in Nice... Just as well, I think. Maurs is much more pleasant than Nice!
[/quote]

I haven't visited Maurs, but on the Cote, Nice is the only place I love to visit. I like the people and the place. Maurs is a small town isn't it?