Yeeeeh !!

Surprised that nobody has mentioned it, but then it's not a very 'rugby' Forum is it?

Anyway ................ I thought that we were great this afternoon. The French were static and largely nullified.  We wouldn't have been embarrassed by a 10pt margin, let alone 2.

If the RFU don't appoint Lancaster, it'll be a disgrace. 

MOTM for me - Dan Cole (same last week) and I'm not and never was a front row. He's just a massively improved player, who gave his all.  

[quote user="NormanH"]I'm not sure that you pass the Norman Tebbit test...
"A large proportion of Britain's Asian population fail to pass the cricket test. Which side do they cheer for? It's an interesting test. Are you still harking back to where you came from or where you are?"

[:D]
[/quote]

Norman - what the bloody hell are you talking about?

My 'home' side is England - I just happen to live here in France.  Nothing complicated.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

At first I supported france and was happy with their progress.

The camera then focussed on a small fellow in the "tribunes".

I immediately changed my allegiance and was pleased at the end of the game that his day head been spoilt.

[/quote]

More than a pity that your allegiance was swung by a 5 second camera shot of 'we-know-who'.

You haven't got a clue about rugby, have you?

[quote user="Gardian"]

[quote user="NormanH"]I'm not sure that you pass the Norman Tebbit test...

"A large proportion of Britain's Asian population fail to pass the cricket test. Which side do they cheer for? It's an interesting test. Are you still harking back to where you came from or where you are?"

[:D]

[/quote]

Norman - what the bloody hell are you talking about?

My 'home' side is England - I just happen to live here in France.  Nothing complicated.

[/quote]

I did put a "[:D]" in there...

I understand your point perfectly, but was trying to say that it just goes to show how right-wing politicians try to stir up racist gut sentiment against immigrants.

Tebbit was suggesting that Asians  were somehow not 'loyal' because they supported the cricket team of the countries they had been born in.  The same point is made in France when the Algerian or Moroccan population celebrate.

My local MP is trying to ban the use of non-French flags in certain circumstances.

We are immigrants in France, and so can see things from the other side.  It's a pity that not everybody can.

I know you were just pleased to see a young England side which is showing promise, and I will be teasing my French friends  and shopkeepers in the next two days too..

I'm keeping my head down at work today [:)] no doubt I will be told England cheated!! I remember being told once when england beat France largely due to Johnnie W kicking drop goals that we weren't play properly and they felt it was cheating!! they are such bad losers the French [8-)]

On Saturday my wife and I and two other English friends were helping at the community annual clean up of the forest paths to the old Château, and we were getting lots of very good humoured "stick", so much so; at lunch time they insisted that we go to the front of the queue because tomorrow you will be crying. I have sent the president of our local (French)  association a You tube clip of Sweet Chariots. It's good to be English this week in our commune. [:P] [:D]

I'm really disappointed as all the French  people I work with have absolutely NO interest in Rugby so no way to wind them up.

I enjoyed the game despite the English team being determined to give it away on penalties and some, shall we say, 'unusual' decisions by the Ref

On a positive note, Luxemboug played host to a rugby tournament for 7 to 11 years olds at the weekend.  90 teams took part!  Mainly from the Lorraine region.  Maybe we will see rugby becoming popular around here as at the moment it only seems to be in the SW and NE of France

Not convinced about the yellow card, somewhat inconsistent of the Ref,

but then again, when has the half Irish / half French ref ever been

consistent ?

LoL

when the commentators were chatting and disputing a point made by one of the Refs one of them mentioned that the ref could speak and give instruction in Eng. and Fr. whereupon another commentator said " well he's just got it wrong in two languages then"[:D]

As a Scot I thought England had their best game of the tournament so far. The sending-off just highlighted the lack of consistency too many refs have been showing this year. Tom Croft should have got MOTM.

At least the penalty count kept the match interesting right up to the final whistle.

I reckon that this has been a really good 6 Nations - and not just because of yesterday.

My rather primitive theory is that in any team sport, out of every 5 games, you get one good one, one stinker and 3 average.  Of the 12 matches so far, we must have had at least 4 or 5 cracking games.

Anyway, Wales as deserved champions, but it'll be interesting to see what happens next weekend. "There's nothing like a wounded animal" says my Welsh pal and it'll be typical of the French to spoil the party in Cardiff.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

On a positive note, Luxemboug played host to a rugby tournament for 7 to 11 years olds at the weekend.  90 teams took part!  Mainly from the Lorraine region.  Maybe we will see rugby becoming popular around here as at the moment it only seems to be in the SW and NE of France

[/quote]

That's interesting PZFP.  Only last Summer we met our Belgian neighbour's nephew who is a Luxemburger (is that the right term?) and who plays Colts rugby for the national side.

He was at pains to say that there's only a handful of clubs in the country, but they have been over to England on tour.

[quote user="Gardian"]

Anyway, Wales as deserved champions, but it'll be interesting to see what happens next weekend. "There's nothing like a wounded animal" says my Welsh pal and it'll be typical of the French to spoil the party in Cardiff. [/quote]

Well, Les Bleus didn't. It must be a while since France conceded 4 tries against one for them in their last two 6-N matches. We'll see a lot of new names next season.

A well deserved GS for Wales - their only concern will be Warburton's ongoing fitness. It'll compromise his possible selection as Lion's captain.

England surpassed most of our expectations: can't say much more than that.

Ireland: overrrated & exposed yesterday.

Italy & Scotland: also rans, though Sc had shown signs of improvement till the last two matches. If they dump Robinson, who can they get who'll improve things?      

[quote user="Gardian"][quote user="pachapapa"]

At first I supported france and was happy with their progress.

The camera then focussed on a small fellow in the "tribunes".

I immediately changed my allegiance and was pleased at the end of the game that his day head been spoilt.

[/quote]

More than a pity that your allegiance was swung by a 5 second camera shot of 'we-know-who'.

You haven't got a clue about rugby, have you?

[/quote]

It was very difficult getting accomodation in Cardiff, the next best possibility was Swansea for visitors coming in from hereford for the game.

As a matter of spectator participation I choose to support one or other of the sides in any sport that I watch; allegiance with its feudal connotations is not a word that settles well.

You confuse,Sir, sport and combat.