Olympics 2012

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="just john "]I never thought that I'd be half in agreement with Morrisey

Olympics-have-made-England-foul-with-patriotism-says-Morrissey

or Samuel Johnson (aka Normy), but,  Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel . . .[/quote]

Sorry, but what a load of narrow-minded drivel that is. The Smiths were a miserable lot when my son listened to them as a teenager in the 80s and nothing much seems to have changed....

Post edited by a mod to include quote.

[quote user="HoneySuckleDreams"][quote user="just john "]

I never thought that I'd be half in agreement with Morrisey

Olympics-have-made-England-foul-with-patriotism-says-Morrissey

or Samuel Johnson (aka Normy), but,  Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel . . .

[/quote]

Morrisey knows absolutley nothing about patriotism. I'm afraid, he is, always has been and will always be a gold medal ****

Post edited by the moderators in accordance with the forum code of conduct.
Please do not post messages which contain explicit language or vulgarities.

[/quote]

And I wonder which "mod" edited this post [:D] By the way who's Morrissey?

[quote user="Gardian"]the point of my post was that your view and that of several others had been made and that it seemed to me that there was little further to say.[/quote]

Oh, don't worry - I can always think of something more to say!:-) Sorry if I hijacked your thread though - it was just the one that was nearest the top of the Active board when I was half watching that embarrassing (in commentary and crowd terms) tennis match. apologies for the gobbledegook but I'm using Chrome as it's a friend's 'puter.

I

[quote user="Judith"]Back on thread - I hope!

And still they keep coming  - three more (gold) when I signed on this morning - it is truly incroyable!

[/quote]

I thought that the Muslim women athletes showed great courage and determination to compete, things can only get better for them in the future when they get more experience of international competition. Hated the South African swimmer who boasted that he cheated, won and got away with it. Good luck to the rest of the GB team in the forthcoming events.

Sir Chris Hoy was amazing a true gentleman!

Hated the South African swimmer who boasted that he cheated, won and got away with it. Good luck to the rest of the GB team in the forthcoming events.

Missed that, shocking not in the Olympic spirit at all. Is there a link to it please?

[quote user="Twizzle"]

Hated the South African swimmer who boasted that he cheated, won and got away with it. Good luck to the rest of the GB team in the forthcoming events.

Missed that, shocking not in the Olympic spirit at all. Is there a link to it please?

[/quote]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/cheater-swimming-gold-medalist-admits-taking-illegal-kicks-162450535--oly.html

I watched bits of the NZ vs Holland womens hockey match this afternoon.

A bit sad I know, but the Dutch are pretty  .............. well, you know.

Anyway, one of their players accidentally wacked on of the Kiwi girls around the head, as in really hard.  She went down like a sack of potatoes.  The match ended up as a penalty shootout.  If that hadn't been decisive, I was wondering whether they'd just start wacking each other with their hockey sticks to decide the winner!!

[:D]

All said and done, they've made a much better job of televising an almost impossible sport to show on TV.

At previous Olympics, all you ever got was a lot of sails from a distance and the happy winner coming back in to the jetty.

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Twizzle"]

[/quote]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/cheater-swimming-gold-medalist-admits-taking-illegal-kicks-162450535--oly.html

[/quote]

Thank you Nick :-)

Watching BBC TV this morning, I had to feel sorry for the pundits trying to comment on the womens 10,000 m swimmimg event of yesterday. The camera kept slowing down and showing a leg or other part of an unnamed swimmer. Very aesthetic, but you had no ideawhat was actually happening in the race.

Team GB came fourth I think.