Well done Andy

Simon

[quote user="Simon"]Well done Andy!  To come back in the fifth set the way he did was just excellent.  Great tennis match from both players.  What a way to win your first grand slam![/quote]

Congratulations indeed, but he hasn't won the Grand Slam yet; he has won a major, to win the Grand Slam you must win all four majors in one year. Still he deserves all credit for his performance.

Just over a week ago I was just sitting watching a man with no left arm or left leg being assisted onto a bicycle. He had to be helped because he appeared to be disabled, which I suppose he was as he didn't have prosthetic limbs to help him. That was until he was on his bike, then he went like a rocket for 3000 metres without seeming to slow down. It was a really amazing performance from a man with one leg and one arm!

There were many others like him in the velodrome that day all of them producing amazing performances.

Then in the athletic stadium, for the three sessions I attended, I witnessed fanatastic athletes doing fantastic things which I and 80,000 people a session were privileged to watch.

Tennis just looks like a couple of people knocking a few balls about between taking a picnic and having a wash and brush-up.

[quote user="lucylastic"]

Just over a week ago I was just sitting watching a man with no left arm or left leg being assisted onto a bicycle. He had to be helped because he appeared to be disabled, which I suppose he was as he didn't have prosthetic limbs to help him. That was until he was on his bike, then he went like a rocket for 3000 metres without seeming to slow down. It was a really amazing performance from a man with one leg and one arm!

There were many others like him in the velodrome that day all of them producing amazing performances.

Then in the athletic stadium, for the three sessions I attended, I witnessed fanatastic athletes doing fantastic things which I and 80,000 people a session were privileged to watch.

Tennis just looks like a couple of people knocking a few balls about between taking a picnic and having a wash and brush-up.

[/quote]Can't you just enjoy the amazing performances of the paralympians without having to make disparaging remarks about able bodied tennis players. It is possible to admire both. We have been fortunate this year to see some outstanding performances in many different sports and those players/competitors all deserve credit. Small minded comments just leave a sour taste.

Well, now that the gripes and whines seem to have been evened out, good job Mr Murray. And about time too.

I must admit, I got the impression from most of the Paralympians that they wanted to be seen as "athletes" and not as "disabled ". As such, I am sure that they, at least, would be able to appreciate the success of one of their number without feeling that there had to be some sort of tit-for-tat remark....

I'm not really sporty but I've always enjoyed tennis, when Murray lost in the Wimbledon final this year I could have cried with him, I'm so pleased he has won a major, there were plenty of days I wondered if it would ever happen. I stayed up last night checking the Internet coverage, but gave up about 1am as I had a longish journey today....Well done Andy.....