Le Tour 2014

Pierre,

Well, I guess that leaves us out. Nowhere near Saumur and I'm not sure we will be back to St Albans from France when it goes near us on its way from Cambridge to London. Oh well, we've seen two stages in other years. Whoossssh, there it goes!

David 

• 6 months later...
This year we will be in France during the Tour. Does anyone know which TV channels (if any) show a highlights programme. We know that Eurosport has live coverage but we would like to be able to see the highlights of each stage as we have limited access via our iPad .

Thanks for any info.

Thanks Clair

ITV do the daily programme which we watch when in UK. Unfortunately can't get UK TV on iPad when in France.

Will try F2 and 3 . May be able to watch on YouTube too.

Have to have our daily fix - maybe not the best expression to use in relation to The Tour!

Thanks again

That's a great link, thanks

Thank heavens for ITV4 which doesn't think that sport = football and will show other stuff.

The last few years they have had a Highlight show each evening which has been great for me to catch up on the race.

Isn't it the Giro d'Italia on now?  I haven't seen it even mentioned on UK TV (or BBC Sport, shame)

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Isn't it the Giro d'Italia on now?  I haven't seen it even mentioned on UK TV (or BBC Sport, shame)

[/quote]

The Giro was pretty much done to death during the first weekend, when it was the Giro d'Ireland!!!  But now it's disappeared to Italy, nothing...

Yes, disappeared totally from the main channels but, as mentioned above, is on Eurosport.

I think it's been renamed the Giro di Packamac as they've discovered it rains in Italy just as in NI and Ireland! Actually I shouldn't make light of it - there were some pretty nasty accidents today

• 1 month later...

Surprised that there hasn't been more activity on this thread, especially after 3 cracking days racing in the UK and the unfortunate crash by Cav.

Today it's Chris Froome's turn to be injured.  I liked this quote from the BBC website

Love it when a rider has a chunk of flesh the size of a T-bone steak hanging off their leg and it's calmly referred to as "a little bit of road rash" Tough bunch cyclists. Some of the divers and fakers in the World Cup should watch more of the Tour!

I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen of the TdF in England. Yorkshire

really did them proud, and the south ern support was pretty good too.

The cycling was very enjoyable, but such a pity about Cavendish. Hoping to see today's highlights later; Froome injured today, hope it's not as serious as Cavendish's injury.

Le tour went within a few hundred yards of Chez Pickles on Monday so we ambled along to watch it go past: there were THOUSANDS of people out to watch - really good atmosphere.

On another front, I would imagine that anyone in northern France and most of Southern England could probably have gone speeding on the motorway with relative impunity given the number of UK police bikes and Gendarme bikes accompanying the race - there can't have been many left to cover other duties!

If you want to follow the tour in a lot of detail, the official roadbook can be viewed/downloaded from

[url]http://velorooms.com/roadbooks/2014/tdf-vredit-en.pdf[/url]

It's a big and detailed document but gives route/elevation details plus road intersection and stage finish details and more...

Who will stop Kittel in the sprints... I can't see anyone touching him unless some sort of incident occurs

Cav's departure was unfortunate, but his own fault in truth.

Far from sure that he would have won any of the three sprints so far though.

The impressive rider though is Sagan - he was off the back of the peloton with 2k- 3k to go and he ended up 4th!!!!

This is no 'walk in the park' for Froome.

As soon as the Yorkshire stages were announced someone I know booked a hotel so as to watch a blur of riders flash by. A little while after booking and getting the confirmation the hotel cancelled his booking. Can only assume they suddenly realised that they could up their rates.

Did watch some of the second day on ITV - the Yorkshire countryside absolutely beautiful - must say though the frequent 5 or 6 minute advert breaks did rather detract.

Today could be a significant stage with all the pavé sections. Bad enough when they are dry but in the state they are now it could be mayhem.

A picture from yesterday

[img]http://1.nieuwsbladcdn.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2014/07/08/k7.jpg.h411.jpg.608.jpg[/img]

Just hope no one gets badly hurt.

We're great fans of 'Matt', the Telegraph cartoonist.

Loved his one at the weekend when the Tour was in Yorkshire.

TV reporter speaking to camera - "And we've just heard that six riders have tested positive for Wensleydale".

Just heard they've pulled cobbled sections 5 and 7 because of the awful conditions.

Also a comment from Simon Gerrans

"Unfortunately I think there will be a queue of

riders lining up to use ASO's new mobile X-ray machine at the end of

todays stage".

Let's hope he is wrong.