Rainy days

Angie

Not sure about the rainy daze Angie, but Nebias is a wonderful place to see. We were there with our village walking group yesterday and expected rain. I am glad to say that they were none.

It really is beautiful now. Shame about 15 French all talking ALL the time though.. Still lovely [8-|]

Easy to find. Just go past the church a few yards, turn right and you can park in front of the houses that are being renovated on the left. About 1/2 mile or so up the slope and there are signs that point the way. It could be a good idea to take a compass too as it is easy to loose your sense of direction [:-))] Hand held GPS, even better. I always take my Garmin Etrex [8-|]

It reminds me of an enchanted forest and the stone formations are strange a wonderful! It would appear that it is the spot where the Atlantic and the Med went their different ways.

I don't know if you know this site, but it gives the French version of google earth along with the IGN maps. Very good for getting the map of where you intend to go!! The IGN maps are the equivalent of the OS maps in the U.K.

Hi

Go to Carcassone, Perpignan or Spain. The Costa Bravo is just over an hour

For me its great its rained the first time in about six weeks

6 mm in the last 24 hours and I am just down river from you

Or have a day in with your loved one and listen to BBC Radio 2

PS does Quillan live in said place or Axat 10 kilometers elsewere

Blimey you were in a dry spot? In about 20 mins early this morning we had a good 1/2" of rain, 13mm to some. All in one lump!!

But yes, all of that is in yer pocket from here. When we went to Girona 3 weeks ago to jump on to the wonderful Ryanair to go to Malta it was a 2 1/2 hour easy drive from us here. Barcelona, just a few more km down the road. Can't be bad and we will be going down there soon too [8-|]

A lot of the time, if it's hissing it down this side of the Pair-a-knees mountains it's nice a sunny the other side. What a variety you have!!

Dry its been over 38 degrees is not the word its starts with an F and ends in, I wont bother I am trying to grow a 600 metre square lawn and the amount of water so far excreted is having an effect on my beer intake

For storms this is a great site http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

I too were under the impression that it had hissed it down all over the Aude?? Must be a black whole you live in GOM [:-))]

As for lawns. I didn't like them in the U.K. and I definitely would not have one here. Our 'lawn' is a bit like a ploughed field in bits and the rest is almost anything but what we would call a lawn [:-))] But it is natural and my green thing chopper upper (some would call it a mower, but it doesn't mow, it chops) manages to get it down so we don't keep on getting lost in it [8-|]

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all for your excellent suggestions and comments - we needn't have worried about the weather, it was blasting hot the whole time we were there and the day we flew back from Carcassonne it was 34 degrees and bright blue sky. Stansted is drizzly, cloudy and 11 degrees so back to normality for us. Whilst posting -although we have visited the Monday market at Mirepoix many times, can anyone recommend (or otherwise) the Thursday farmers market. Is it worth a visit for a young family with a small child? Bit of a drive for them from their rental property so just wanted to check. Thanks again all.

The Thursday market tends to be very small, especially out of season, and is never anything like the Monday one, although there is a fish stall that is not there on Monday.

It is certainly not worth a special visit.

You might find something on this site

http://www.tourisme-midi-pyrenees.com/accueil/offres/agenda/8/~~~/page-1#http://www.tourisme-midi-pyrenees.com/accueil/offres/agenda/8/~~~/page-2