Personal cycling challenge 2016

My husband and I enjoyed our first cycle adventure so much that we are going to do it all over again this year. However, this year we are starting from Roscoff and ending in Vendee.

What I would like help with please is are there any bed and breakfast or small hotels near to the ferry port that will accommodate our bikes and us.

Any recommendations appreciated TYIA

Mme Poivre wrote : What I would like help with please is are there any bed and breakfast or small hotels near to the ferry port

Respect indeed Mme Poivre.

The actual ferry port is a tad out in the sticks, how close do you need to be to it ? Are you arriving at an unsocial hour ?

Sue

Thanks Sue

Unfortunately yes Sue we are arriving at 9.30 pm so was hoping to find a B&B as close as we could to the port not knowing the area and not wanting to cycle out at that time of night.

Its difficult because of having to take the Ferry on the days we need its was the best option.

There should be quite a few in the vicinity as Roscoff is about 10/15 mins or so by bike from the port. Many UK bound people stay in the area just for easy access to the ferry. The hotels should welcome you until at least 10pm.

Here : http://www.choices4all.com/roscoff_hotels_near_ferries.html  came up when I googled 'closest hotel to Roscoff ferry'.

There should be BnBs as well.

It is light here now until 9h20, so, depending when you are arriving, it should still be light if you have to cycle for 10 mins on arrival.

Sue

Good luck with your challenge.

Should you get the cycling bug, here is a link to 'La Velo Francette'. http://cycling.lavelofrancette.com/

It's being promoted a lot more at the moment around here in the Mayenne.

We might even join the organisation ourselves as the route passes our b&b just a few hundred metres away.

I've just returned to road biking after a 40 year absence and am loving it.

WE are using this route Vette :-) and where is your b&b because we will be looking for them on the way down

We just need to get first night sorted really in roscoff then I will look at finding places for each day after about 60 miles slowly done and enjoyed :-)

This is a link to the first section of our ride I am getting really excited about it now went for a lovely Sunday morning ride and found i need to get a lot more practice in before July.

http://cycling.brittanytourism.com/troncons/la-velodyssee-roscoff-pontivy

• 3 months later...
Well we did it 545 kilometers over 6 days down the Brest nantes canal. It was a really lovely experience and we managed to stay at some really lovely places along the way. From B & B's with swimming pools in the middle of the house to eating evening meals in little rural villages. I can honestly say we are looking forward to next year already .

Thanks NormanH I feel very privileged to have been able to do it, not just time and money, but health and fitness too. As a 50 something I am very aware of my mortality and am grateful for every day that I can enjoy.

Now Its my chance to have 5 weeks in the lovey Vendee before I have to go back to reality and work.

have a wonderful summer everyone :-)