What could possibly go wrong?

mint

Joining a Zoom meeting is a cinch, right?  No, no, no!!!!

So, create account, sign on, put in code for meeting and away you go.  THAT was what I was led to believe.

Done the creating bit but signing on was impossible.  My password was not recognised. I reset it, tried to reset it again, not recognised.  Tried computer generated password, no access.  After 6 different approaches, no nearer.  Was then locked out for 30 minutes for 6 fails....blimey just like being hit on the fingers by a ruler by that sadistic nun in my convent school!

At the end of 30 minutes, I did manage to sign on with yet another new password.  By that time, the meeting was over but, according to Zoom, the meeting hadn't yet started.

Anyone else gets this sort of grief with Zoom?  Or is the whole world against me, much as it is against Trump[+o(]

Mint, did you create an account?  And try to use that to sign on?

I only use my account when I have set up a zoom meeting.  Otherwise, you should receive a link from the "organiser" and if you click on that, it should take you automatically to the zoom, though you will need to check you have your video on, and that you are using computer audio (and turn the computer up!). I'm on a MAC so it is relatively easy to turn on the camera and the microphone, but without those you would not be seen or heard, but them not on would not stop you connecting.

I only use or sign into my actual account when I want to alter my settings.  Even when creating a meeting, I use the zoom app which is downloaded onto my desktop.

I had to replace my MAC recently, the old one just "died" one day!  I'd signed onto zoom OK with it, then that weekend during both of my zoom meetings I kept freezing like never before ... so I checked I was using the most up to date zoom ... and since I have downloaded an update, I have not since had that problem. It might have been weather related than update related .. but it might also be worth trying that.