Good news for lovers of the great outdoors!

mint

Very glad to hear it too.  We normally walk 7 or more miles each day, but with the confinement, we had to cut that.

However, no one enforces anything where I live, so you can set out at dawn, walk for miles and not head home til sunset and no one will ever question you.

[:(] My favourite beach is more than 20 kms away... and outside July and August and especially before 10am, at lunchtime, and after 5pm, it is pretty much deserted. Irritated sigh. But my beach walks will come again... probably from mid-December. When I've walked down the shoreline for an hour and listened to the waves and the sand singing quietly as the tide moves in and out, all is right with my world.

I will be very peeved-off if the restrictions have to be reinstated because too many families lose all capacity for restraint in their gatherings over the Christmas and New Year period.

Agree totally with what you have said, Catalpa.  I have looked at the map and 20 km in the context of this vast country is actually zilch.

Unlike chez Lori, the gendarmes are swarming everywhere and you can see them on all the roundabouts leading into Ribérac.  They are there at different times so that's all to the good.

Where I walk near our village, I am passed by a few cars and maybe a jogger and a cyclist on fine days.  Otherwise, I get all of the hills and fields to myself.  I keep to the rules, however, on the basis that, if we all make exceptions for ourselves here and there, then in no time at all, we'll all be spread around everywhere and so would the virus.

Catalpa wrote the following post at 25 Nov 2020 11:15:

When I've walked down the shoreline for an hour and listened to the waves and the sand singing quietly as the tide moves in and out, all is right with my world.

Exactly .. plus the sounds of the birds darting to and fro overhead.

Makes life worth living.

I do my best to follow all rules and laws BIB.  I do not walk from dawn to sunset.  My comment was refecting my dismay at the lack of enforcement of the rules where I live.

You can set your mind at rest regarding my personal responsibility.