nevermind covid, what about the rugby???

mint

Mint,

Divided loytalities, indeed, even though I am not Welsh, I have a great love for that plucky little nation, have much of the Celt in me, and would love to see them win .. all to do with large against small .. and nothing to do with patrimony!

And how they can sing .. to raise the spirits and the heart ..

France to win by 12 pts.

They were the best team in the last 6N and again in this tournament.

If Wales do come through, they’ll be the ‘jammiest’ GS winners ever. They played their first two matches against 14 men for most of the game and had 16 against us.

[quote user="Judith-aka-Judith"]
Mint,

Divided loytalities, indeed, even though I am not Welsh, I have a great love for that plucky little nation, have much of the Celt in me, and would love to see them win .. all to do with large against small .. and nothing to do with patrimony!

[/quote]

And TWO lovely, rousing national anthems[:D]

Ken, I will tell you a little anecdote which made me smile.  The last time I saw my ophthalmologue (?spelling) he was explaining to me how I have some astigmatism in my left eye and he will have to decide whether I should have an adapted lens for that eye or whether a "standard" implant will do.  He said my left eye ball was the shape of a rugby ball but that the right one was like a football.  So, there you have it, in case you have ever wondered what astigmatism is!

[quote user="mint"][quote user="Judith-aka-Judith"]
Mint,

[/quote]

And TWO lovely, rousing national anthems[:D]

Ken, I will tell you a little anecdote which made me smile.  The last time I saw my ophthalmologue (?spelling) he was explaining to me how I have some astigmatism in my left eye and he will have to decide whether I should have an adapted lens for that eye or whether a "standard" implant will do.  He said my left eye ball was the shape of a rugby ball but that the right one was like a football.  So, there you have it, in case you have ever wondered what astigmatism is!

[/quote]
Missed the anthems, and not watching it, too stressful .. but I do know all about astigmatism .. rugby ball would do it,yes, just without specs print has wavy lines ..  and I gatehr it can change too, even when vision doesn't (due to having cataracts done!).  He didn't t ink about correcting the astigmatism when he replaced my lens, said I was used to wearing glases and yes, I am, but it's so nice to see without them until it comes to good detail, I can walk around quite safely which is more than I could before ..