Water butts

Guerambault

I have been thrown out 3 times from the Forum search with 'time out expired' so I am obviously doing something wrong I presume. In the meantime all I want to know is where can I buy a water butt. All searches in our local bricolage and garden centre shops have proved fruitless. Must I go to a hypermarket type shop like Castorama, which for us is a long way, or do I just buy a large plastic barrel and stick a tap in? Thanks

Hi,

We had the same problem as all local suppliers were sold out or had a large delivery cost as we couldn't fit the water butt in the car. In the end we ordered one from Castorama on www.castorama.fr site, (the nearest Castorama to us is one hour drive away). They delivered one within 3 days and the cost of delivery was just over 5 euros. When we looked to buy there were over 15 different ones to choose from. The service was really good and simple to use. If I remember correctly it was called tonneau de pluie.

Best wishes, Sharon

Hi

I bought a couple from Leroy Merlin.

From memory, they were special offer at Euro 29.99 and hold 500l each. They collect rain from my garage roof (30m2). I joined them together with a section of drainpipe siliconed in place. They come with a tap.

I had to wait from mid November - May to test them as we had no rain. I part filled them from the tap to anchor them down in the wind. But they now work fine.

Peter

Thank you so much for all the info. Our local Gamm Vert does not have any but I shall take a trip to Angers and Castorama. We have had so little rain over the past few weeks, more sunny hot weather forecast and well water level very low,  so we are hoping to catch anything that comes ourway!

Dorothy