Plastic rose tragedy!

SaligoBay

[quote user="Tresco"]

The question has to be asked.

Why Oh Why did the beautiful tree get cut down?

[/quote]

Because it covered the whole of what we laughingly call our "garden".  Nothing at all grows under these trees, as you can see from the earth below it.   The south side of the house gets no sun because the house behind has 7 huge pines in a row about 5 metres from our house, and we were towered over by these two beasts on the north side.   Not sure if you can see from the pics, but we're also en contrebas, and the lack of sunlight gets depressing, the house just never gets any sun in.  We can't do anything about the neighbour's monstrosities, so we did our own.

It does mean that once the wood is all nice and dry, we can use it on the fire.  Wood at the moment is 62 euros a stère demi-sec, or 74 euros a stère sec later in the season.

Et voilà.   Lovely trees, but way too big for where they were.  Sorry!  [:(] 

No, no, that's fair enough, Madame Bay. 

It's hard to tell the problems you had from the 'before'  photo, because there seems to be so much light knocking around.  I would have a tree down like a shot of I had to live in gloom because of it.

It truly was a fine looking tree, but I expect you are now able to move around your home in day time without Night Vision Scopes.[:)]

Will the tree stump become a 'feature' now? [;-)]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Opas"]I get so excited when I see logs of wood! [/quote]

That's a very unkind way to refer to Mr O... [:D][:D]

[/quote]

Actualy if I were describing his good self it would be as a finely carved, well oiled and preseved statuesque aged oak[:-))]

[quote user="Opas"][quote user="catalpa"]

[/quote]

Actualy if I were describing his good self it would be as a finely carved, well oiled and preseved statuesque aged oak[:-))]

[/quote]

Chris Head maybe interested then[:-))]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

It's amazing what a bit of light can do.  Have you seen Tresco, the olive tree which has already sprouted up.  It's not on the before photo.[/quote]

You really are very good at spotting things that are hiding Christine [:)]

However, the olive tree was merely hidden by the mighty whatever it was tree. I expect it will be much happier now. Till SB kills it [:-))]

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="Opas"][quote user="catalpa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chris Head maybe interested then[:-))]

[/quote]

I have the template......Mr Head can merely aspire[:P]

You lot really must have too much time on your hands!

There's nothing wrong with killing trees, you can sometimes hear them screaming as the chain first tears into them. If killing trees was a crime I'd be on death row for genocide by now ! That's left me open to the tree huggers, ho hum.

I'd have to carve something for Twinkle to sit on out of that stump, don't worry lover I'd sand it first...........

Chris

[quote user="Chris Head"]

You lot really must have too much time on your hands!

[/quote]

Yes.  That's why it was really quite exciting to get up in the morning and know that very soon Mr Lopez-cash-only would be going buzz-buzz merrily on high. [:)]  

[quote user="Chris Head"]

There's nothing wrong with killing trees, you can sometimes hear them screaming as the chain first tears into them. [/quote]

Ummm, nope, missed that one.   I was just so pleased at being able to see the sky at last from at least one window of my house!   I feel like the race that did in darkness dwell.  Mr Lopez-cash-only has let me see the light.  [:)]