Plastic rose tragedy!

SaligoBay

Mr Lopez (cash only) did a fine job of cutting down our trees, but some of the plastic roses met a thumping end.   A sad day for all concerned.

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/BonnyYewTree/2006_0402FirstPics0006.jpg[/IMG]

Is that a silver christmas bauble hanging on your fence?  If yes - why?

Do you have a before photo as I'm having problems trying to imagine what the tree used to lok like.

It brings to mind "The singing, ringing tree".  Anyone remember that?

And here's the tree.   Appreciate in passing the stone cherub, left by previous owners to guard the small goldfish pond, the one that we used instead to breed mosquitoes in.

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/BonnyYewTree/2006_0402FirstPics0001.jpg[/IMG]

I'm just gutted, SB. Your roses were the only thing we had in common (except mine are real).

But wait, hang on a sec. Never mind the cherum, what's that item in the bottom right hand corner? 

All may not be lost!

[quote user="Russethouse"]

OMG Treco - it's you [/quote]

All this time I thought I had been kidnapped by Aliens, and it was HER!

I'm happy to say, she never gave me a dodgy probe of any kind[:D]

Apart from the constant questions about how to look after the plastic roses that is. And For WHAT???

[quote user="Tresco"]

I'm just gutted, SB. Your roses were the only thing we had in common.[/quote]

I'm sure if we have some counselling together we can get through this, Tresco.  Your place or mine?  [:)] 

[quote user="Tresco"]But wait, hang on a sec. Never mind the cherum, what's that item in the bottom right hand corner? 

[/quote]

It's a metal bee.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

OMG Treco - it's you !

Why the black sheeting behind the neighbours hedge ? Is it typically 'French'

[/quote]

Yes.  It's very practical.  It stops their hedge falling into our garden, and it gives me something to hang my Lidl rice cooker on.

It's also marginally better than the concrete wall they wanted to put up!

[quote user="Croixblanches"]...and while we're picking up hints and tips for our French gardens, SB, is it mandatory for your barbecue to be "immatricule", [/quote]

It certainly is, Croixblanches.  Only the small, portable ones can be used sans permis.

From here, (second photo) it looks as if, after drinking a jug of sangria and leaving the rice for his paella to cook slowly on the fence, good old Mr. Lopez climbed the ladder to prune the plastic roses.  Suddenly taken over by a sense of giddiness and power up there, he went bezerk and things got out of hand.

The devastation in the first photo reminds me of the tempête du siècle.  Is this really what goes on on a Sunday in the agglos of Montpellier... ?

You can get plastic roses in most places nowadays, can't you.