Mystery Tree in Dept 79

Henry

Could anybody help me find the name of a tree I want to plant in my garden in dept.79.  It has a leaf like an Ash tree has a very horizontal pattern growth (ideal for shade) and in July when I was last there the trees had a pink and white flower on the top of branches. If anyone lives in or near Thouars there is a couple of these outside the Credit Agricole Bank near E.Leclerc. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Problem is, there are quite a lot of trees that it could be - any chance of a photo of the tree in question?

Russethouse could be on the right lines with Cornus controversa (probably not the Wedding Cake variety, C. controversa variegata, because as Russethouse says it is variegated).  Horizontal branches.  White flowers summer.

[img]http://www4.ncsu.edu:8030/~qyxiang/cornusimages/controversa10.jpg[/img]

I'm giving up guessing!

[quote user="Chris Head"]

If it's not common Ash it's unlikely to be mountain Ash. Ash leaves don't resemble in any way shape or form Lime leaves. The only other resemblance I can think of is Ailanthus Altissimus (sp??)...Tree of heaven, often mistaken for Ash.

Chris

[/quote]

Problem is, the original poster still hasn't said if the leaves look like Mountain or Common Ash!

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Rob Roy"]

I wonder where Henry (who asked the question) is though?[8-)]

[/quote]

I know - it cheeses me off a bit!
[/quote]

I got shouted down on the French Entree forum when I suggested it would sometimes be nice if people gave feedback, or even a thank you, on suggestions offered in response to their questions. [:(]

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Rob Roy"]

I wonder where Henry (who asked the question) is though?[8-)]

[/quote]

I know - it cheeses me off a bit!
[/quote]

I got shouted down on the French Entree forum when I suggested that it would be nice, let alone courteous, of people to give feed back or even a simple thank you in response to those who take the time and trouble to reply to their queries.[:(] The response from 2 frequent posters was that they gave their time and 'expertise' freely and did not expect people to have to thank them in return. So that was me put in my place[Www] (I also suggested it might open the forum up a bit to further discussion, but that was not commented on[;-)])

I at least like to know if the person who asks the question has bothered to read the reply!  Otherwise I start to think I'm wasting my time trying to help.

I guess the types you're talking about never bother to say "please" or "thank you" themselves! [:)]